Camps For Curious Minds
Camps for Curious Minds provide the perfect opportunity to explore, experiment and discover! Our exciting and enriching camps for children in preschool through 12th grade offer hands-on science experiments, fun and challenging projects as well as innovative learning experiences that will create lifelong memories and inspire the inner scientist in your child.
- Emergency contact name and phone
- Child's insurance information
- Child's medications/dosages/prescribing physician's name
Cancellation Policy: Requests for withdrawal from camp must be received at least two weeks before camp start date. A $100 processing fee will be retained per camp. No refunds will be given within two weeks of the camp start date.
Transfer Policy: To transfer sessions, call (206) 443-2925. There will be $20 processing fee per transfer. This excludes transfers resulting from openings on our camp waiting list, which are free of charge. Requests for transfers must be made at least one week prior to camp start date.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Morning Drop-Off is on the west side of Pacific Science Center, outside the Seattle Rotary Discovery Labs at 2nd Ave. North and John Street. Drop-off time is 8:15 - 8:30 a.m. On Monday please walk your child up to the camp teachers. Other days, teachers will be waiting on the sidewalk for curb-side drop off.
Afternoon Pick-Up takes place ast the same location as drop off. Camp end time is 4 p.m. If you forget your Kid Code at pick up, you must show photo identification. All yourself 10-15 minutes to find parking, or stay in the car for pick-up.
- If you arrive early, please circle the block until the camp ends.
- Cars traveling northbound on 2nd Ave N will be approached by camp staff. Staff will ask the name of your child, camp name and Kid Code.
- Staff will walk your camper to your car.
- Please do not park or idle in Pacific Science Center's loading dock.
- We allow a 10 minute grace period for picking up your camper; your child will then be placed in extended day care for a $12 fee.
Kid Code: At pick-up you will be asked the Kid Code you selected at registration. This code functions as a password; share this code only with anyone authorized to pick up your child. This is a security measure to ensure all campers leave with authorized adults. Camp staff will release campers only to those who know the Kid Code, or who show picture identification that matches names listed on the medical form. If you forget your Kid Code before camp begins, ask the teachers as you drop off your child on the first day of camp.
Extended Day Care
Afternoon extended day care is available until 6 p.m. for $50 for the week or $12 daily. For unplanned extended day care use, please inform the teacher in the morning and pay with cash or check when picking up your child. Pick up for extended day is at the Discovery Labs entrance on Second Avenue North. When picking up please do not park or idle in Pacific Science Center's loading dock. Please bring a third snack if your child is in extended day care.
Daily Camp Reminders
- Two snacks (Note: Please bring a third snack if your child is in extended day care.)
- Sack lunch (No lunch program for break camps)
- Water bottle
- Any medications listed on your medical form
- Children arriving late or leaving early must be escorted by camp staff. Parents must wait for camp staff; this process can take over 15 minutes.
- Late arrival and early pick-up are disruptive to the entire camp as many of our activities are cumulative and group based. Please avoid scheduling appointments and other activities during the camp day.
- If you plan to pick-up early, notify your child's teacher in advance and pick up your child before 3 p.m. After this time, camp staff may be unavailable to escort your child.