Summer Camps at Pacific Science Center
Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Morning Drop-Off is on the west side of Pacific Science Center, outside the Seattle Rotary Discovery Labs located at 2nd Ave. North and John Street. Drop-off times vary for each camp; check your confirmation material for the specific start time. On Monday please walk your child up to the camp teachers. Other days, teachers will be waiting on the sidewalk for curb-side drop off.
Camp end times are staggered to accommodate the large number of campers. Check your confirmation material or with your camper's teacher for the specific end time. If you have siblings with different camp end times, please inform the teachers. Pick-up is in Sacred Heart Church parking lot (view pick-up map). You will not be able to pick up your child at the entrance to the Discovery Labs (except for extended day care).
Please allow yourself 10-15 minutes to find parking, or stay in the car for pick-up:
- If you arrive early, please circle the block until the camp ends.
- If staying in your car, you will not be allowed in the parking lot until the scheduled pick-up time.
- Staff will ask the name of your child, camp name and Kid Code.
- Staff will walk your camper to your car.
- We allow a 10 minute grace period for picking up your camper; your child will then be placed in extended day care for a $12 fee.
At pick-up you will be asked the Kid Code you selected at registration. This code functions as a password; share this code only with anyone authorized to pick up your child. If you forget your Kid Code at pick-up, you must park and walk to camp staff to show photo identification.
This is a security measure to ensure all campers leave with authorized adults. Camp staff will release campers only to those who know the Kid Code, or who show picture identification that matches names listed on the medical form. If you forget your Kid Code before camp begins, ask the teachers as you drop off your child on the first day of camp.
Emergency Contact Information
In case of emergency, or to contact camp staff, call:
- Registration Office: (206) 443-2925, available M-F 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Reception: (206) 443-2001, available daily 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Extended Day Care
Morning extended day care is available beginning at 7 a.m.
Afternoon extended day care is available until 6 p.m.
- Cost: $55 per 5 day week, $45 per 4 day week, or $12 daily
- Please provide an extra snack for your child if you are using extended day care.
- For unplanned extended day care use, please inform the teacher in the morning and pay with cash or check when picking up your child. Pick up for extended day is at the Discovery Labs entrance on 2nd Ave N.
- Afternoon extended day care ends promptly at 6 p.m. After 6 p.m. a late fee of $10 for every 10 minutes will be due at the time of pick-up.
Camper Lunch Program
We are pleased to offer the convenient option of the Camper Lunch Program at Pacific Science Center for full day campers or campers participating in both morning and afternoon half day camps. Learn more
What to Bring to Camp
- Two snacks (Note: Please provide an extra snack if your child is staying for extended day care)
- Sack lunch (if you are not signed up for the Camper Lunch Program)
- Water bottle
- Any medications listed on your medical form
We expect children to attend each day of camp (except for illness) and to arrive and depart at the scheduled time.
Children arriving late or leaving early must be escorted by camp staff. Parents must wait for camp staff; this process can take over 15 minutes. If you plan to pick up early, notify your child's teacher in advance and pick up your child before 3 p.m. After this time, camp staff may be unavailable to escort your child.
Late arrival and early pick-up are disruptive to the entire camp, as many of our activities are cumulative and group-based. Please avoid scheduling appointments and other activities during the camp day.
Communication During Camp
Each afternoon, we will send a daily camp summary from your camper's teachers to the email address provided at registration.
Some camps have a parent presentation on the last day of camp. Look for more information in your daily parent letter.
Some camps have a field trip during the week. Look for more information in your daily parent letter.
Code of Conduct
Pacific Science Center is committed to providing a welcoming, safe and fun environment for all campers. Proper supervision and appropriate behavior are key components to a successful camp experience. In an effort to provide all campers with a safe and fun atmosphere, it is important that all campers exhibit respect for themselves, fellow campers, staff and the camp environment at all times.
Every camp session, camp staff and campers review and discuss procedures, structure and behavior expectations. Campers are asked to be respectful of other campers, staff and materials. Inappropriate, disruptive and/or violent behavior will not be tolerated. Examples of inappropriate behavior include, but are not limited to: fighting, name-calling, foul language, arguing, bullying, leaving the group or possessing weapons.
Minor behavioral problems will be addressed by camp staff. If behavior issues persist, parents or guardians will be contacted to work towards a resolution. If a camper's behavior continues to disrupt the camp or endangers the physical or emotional safety of themselves or others, Pacific Science Center reserves the right to cancel that individual's camp enrollment for a day or more with no refund.