Earth Day - Saturday, April 20-Monday, April 22
Come Celebrate Earth Day with Pacific Science Center and the Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center where we are dedicated to providing Earth Day-friendly programming for visitors of all ages. Join us as we explore the oceans with Science On a Sphere or investigate the changing seasons in the Planetarium. Talk to our Life Sciences staff about ocean acidification at the Tide Pool or learn about CO2 impact at the Sound Atmosphere-Carbon Monitoring Station. Below is a complete list of activities in Seattle and Bellevue.
Bell Harbor Pier 66 - Seattle - Saturday April 20
Seattle Magazine Earth Day 5K: Run to Keep Seattle GREEN: Join Pacific Science Center staff and employees in participating in Seattle Magazine's first ever Earth Day 5K.
Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center - Bellevue - April 20
The Lake Washington Watershed Interns (LWWIP), Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center staff and AmeriCorps volunteers are participating in the City of Bellevue's Arbor Day - Earth Day event on April 20. Learn more and join in the fun here.
Pacific Science Center - Seattle - April 21-22
- The Arches will glow green in honor of Earth Day 2013.
- In the Planetarium: The Sky Tonight - Seasons Feature Focus (40 minutes, highly interactive, all ages).
- On the Live Science Stage: Ice Under Fire.
- Visit the special interactive earth-focused educational carts and other earth-themed presentations.
- Learn all the earth-related happenings on Science On A Sphere.
- Visit our newly planted Japanese Maples in the courtyard.
- Check out our mini IMAX Earth Day Film Festival:
- 10:30 a.m. - To the Arctic 3D
- 11:45 a.m. - The Last Reef 3D
- 1 p.m. - Born to Be Wild 3D
- April 22 only - Rock out and learn about geology with our very own Rock and Roll Science on Wheels van.
- Check with Guest Services about our Earth Day Membership packages.
- Visit the Gift Store with special Earth Day merchandise.
- All of this and more!