Environmental Science And Technology Practicum
The Environmental Science and Technology Practicum offers an exciting eight-week practicum for students that explores environmental and clean technologies and associated careers. Each session provides an opportunity for in-depth, hands-on investigations in both field and laboratory settings involving aquatic and terrestrial research and monitoring. Each session also provides direct exposure to high level professionals in clean technology and environmental science who share their cutting-edge work with the students and discuss careers and associated educational pathways in their respective fields. Participating students receive a certificate of completion to enhance academic portfolio and college application preparation.
This innovative practicum provides high school students with:
- Hands-on field and laboratory experience in our state-of-the-art wet lab.
- Survey coursework providing in-depth exposure to various environmental and clean-tech careers.
- Site visits to organizations where cutting-edge clean tech research is being conducted.
- Knowledge of educational pathways that best support careers in environmental science and technology.
- Opportunities to interact with and learn from high-level professionals in these fields.
Eight-week winter session begins January 26, 2013.
Saturdays 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Jan. 26, Feb.2, Feb.9, Feb. 23, Mar. 2, Mar. 9, Mar. 16 and Mar. 23
Winter session: $375
Space is limited. Register today by calling (206) 443-2925.