Catch The SparkTruck At Pacific Science Center
Don't miss an opportunity to spark your imagination and creativity with Stanford's d.school SparkTruck July 6-8 at Pacific Science Center. Driven and created by six Stanford students, SparkTruck travels around the United States providing hands-on, engaging workshops for children to ignite their creativity through building.
Catch the SparkTruck outside of Pacific Science Center on Denny Way from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 6-8 for a variety of fun workshops. Workshops from SparkTruck are $5 per participant and are appropriate for ages 7-13. The fee is collected by SparkTruck to help fund this cross-country project. It is not part of Pacific Science Center.
- 11 a.m.-noon - Creature Mash Vibrobot workshop where students make buzzing creatures out of coin cell batteries and pager motors.
- 2- 4 p.m. - Laser-Cut Stamps workshop where kids make personalized laser cut stamps out of rubber using a laser cutter, clay and iPads.
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. - Creature Mash Vibrobot workshop.
- 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Laser-Cut Stamps workshop.
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. - Creature Mash Vibrobot workshop.
- 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Laser-Cut Stamps workshop.