Polliwog Preschool is a school year program of Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center in Bellevue. The program is play-based and multi-aged for children 3 - 5 years old. At Polliwog Preschool, nature is used as the ideal catalyst for discovery and stimulation. Seasonal themes and daily activities are designed to meet the specific developmental needs of early learners, while encouraging curiosity and fostering a love of nature and learning.
We focus on developing the whole child - socially, emotionally, mentally and physically - while initiating them into a lifelong, meaningful relationship with the natural world.
Polliwog Preschool uses the natural world as the guiding theme to frame our core curriculum areas of science, art, music, math, language and literacy. The program is play-based and student-driven with a combination of activity choices, discovery explorations and specific activities that relate to the current theme. Activities are designed to address each child's developmental needs while encouraging curiosity, fostering love of the natural world, and developing the whole child.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m.
General Daily Schedule
- 9 - 9:15 a.m. - Transition: Greet teachers and friends, free play
- 9:15 - 9:30 a.m. - Morning Circle: Introduction to the day's theme, weather, calendar, sharing time
- 9:30 - 11 a.m. - Outdoor Exploration: Exploration and play on the trails. Theme-focused activities and nature study. Snack. (weather permitting)
- 11 - 11:45 a.m. - Indoor Activity Time: Extension activities including: sensory, art, math and literacy stations.
- 11:45 - 12 p.m. - Closing Circle: Reflections, songs, stories.
- 12 p.m. - Pick-up
Enrollment and Tuition for 2014-2015 School Year
Tuition is $2,025 for September 2014 - June 2015. Full tuition payment is encouraged prior to the first day of preschool each year. Families may pay tuition in nine monthly installments of $225 per month via credit card or check. A $225 non-refundable deposit is due when registering your child. The deposit will cover your May/June tuition or be subtracted from your single payment as appropriate.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. session
Tuition is $2,970 for September 2014 - June 2015. Full tuition is encouraged prior to the first day of preschool each year. Families may pay tuition in nine monthly installments of $330 per month via credit card or check. A $330 non-refundable deposit is due when registering your child. The deposit will cover your May/June tuition or be subtracted from your single payment as appropriate.