Build-It Days At Pacific Science Center
Most of our exhibits are designed to encourage a hands-on component or experiment in some way, while some of our special exhibits, such as The Art of the Brick, a display of artwork made completely out of LEGO bricks herald the mantra “Look with your eyes, not with your hands.” Even those with overwhelming self-control can’t help but want to build with bricks after their visit to the exhibit.
So, brick building enthusiasts rejoice! Once a week until the close of The Art of the Brick, we’ll host Build-It Days in our hands-on design space, Tinker Tank. During a Build-It Day, we’ll have a building challenge for you to compete in using LEGO bricks. Make sure to mark your calendars for the upcoming Build-It Days to complete your experience at The Art of the Brick.
- Saturday, August 6: Tallest Free Standing Structure
- Wednesday, August 10: Replicate an Exhibit at the Science Center with LEGOs
- Saturday, August 20: Create a zipline to carry the most LEGOs
- Saturday, August 27: Build a Boat
- Thursday, September 1: Build a structure to hold many different objects
- Saturday, September 10: Build an elevator that can carry weight