Events & Programs
Climate Change Planetarium Workshop
Are you involved with live-interpreted planetarium or Science On a Sphere (SOS) programming? Pacific Science Center invites you to attend a workshop on February 24-25, 2020 about highlighting climate change and its links to your community through these formats.
Travel, lodging, and meal expenses for all workshop participants will arranged through and paid by our grant partner, the Applied Physics Laboratory at the University of Washington, by support from the National Science Foundation (grant no. 1712588).
How Do Participants Benefit?
- View and discuss a planetarium show focused on climate change (available to use at your institution)
- Learn strategies for integrating local scientists into your institution’s programming
- Explore best practices for communicating about climate change with public audiences
What Must Participants Do?
- Attend the workshop in Seattle on February 24-25, 2020 (all expenses paid)
- Find and collaborate with a climate change scientist local to your institution
- Develop and deliver at least one (1) live-interpreted planetarium or SOS show at your institution
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis through January 15, 2020. Up to 3 participants per institution are welcomed. Contact Maureen Devery (MDevery@pacsci.org) with any questions or concerns.
Educator e-Newsletter Sign-Up
To be notified about future events, sign up for our educator email list.