Pacific Science CenterBringing science to life.
Total Solar Eclipse Trip August 19–22, 2017
Join Pacific Science Center for an astronomic marvel: the Total Solar Eclipse. Catch this breathtaking moment from totality in Central Oregon.
Enjoy a one-of-a-kind trip filled with education and excitement. Revel in the build-up and totality of the eclipse from one of the world’s premier viewing sites: Madras, Oregon.
At this weekend-long stay in Bend, Oregon, take advantage of first class education from the Pacific Science Center team, along with guest education from an array of experts. Learn about what makes this eclipse so remarkable; get training on what to look for during the event; and dig deeper with our team of astronomers. You will be joined by a team of Pacific Science Center educators, including Planetarium Supervisor, Dave Cuomo, and Pacific Science Center leaders including CEO and President, Will Daugherty.
Make the trip with Pacific Science Center and we will take care of everything for you. Enjoy a three night stay at the Riverhouse Hotel in Bend, Oregon. All meals provided between your arrival and your departure.
Spend a day taking in top-notch science education from our team of educators. Then relax on a chartered bus as we bring you directly to our amazing viewing site – our wide-open “Eclipse Central” in Madras, Oregon. There, you’ll have access to an outstanding, festival-like atmosphere in partnership with Lowell Observatory. See Science Channel personalities, view the sun with your personal sunoculars (courtesy of Pacific Science Center), and get personalized instruction on the marvel we will witness together. A truly unparalleled opportunity to make this trip with the Pacific Northwest’s best.
Reservations are no longer open for this trip. Please contact us to be placed on our wait list.
Though this event is currently at maximum capacity, we welcome you to contact us about future travel opportunities. If you’re looking for an educational event in the zone of totality, consider attending the Lowell Solar Eclipse Experience in Madras, Oregon sponsored by Lowell Observatory. Go to lowellsolareclipse.com for information.
- See the total eclipse from one of the planet’s most optimal viewing sites: Madras, Oregon. Get an amazing two and a half hours of eclipse viewing along with the most time in totality you’ll find anywhere.
- Special education and presentations from Pacific Science Center planetarian Dave Cuomo, Lowell Observatory experts, NASA scientists, and Science Channel personalities.
- Unparalleled access to equipment, experts, and viewing site while making the trip in comfort.
Saturday, August 19
Sunday, August 20
Monday, August 21
Tuesday, August 22
Who You Travel With Makes A Difference
When you travel with Pacific Science Center, you enjoy amazing, all-inclusive travel experiences and you support science education for our next generation of innovators. Your generous participation ignites curiosity and fuels exploration for more than one million children and adults each year.
- Dates: August 19-22, 2017
- Hotel: Riverhouse Hotel in Bend, Oregon
- Viewing Site: Madras, Oregon
- Cost per Traveler: $3000. A portion of this cost represents a tax-deductible donation to Pacific Science Center in the amount of $1500. Cost does not include airfare. Cost based on double-occupancy hotel room.
Cost includes: Accommodations at Riverhouse Hotel in Bend, OR from Saturday check-in on August 20 to Tuesday morning check-out on August 22. All meals as indicated; charter bus to Madras, OR; sunoculars; expert guides and scientists.
Not included: Air transportation; personal items; taxi transportation to/from the hotel.
This trip is limited to just 46 spots.
Development@pacsci.org or call (206) 443-2878 to RSVP.
This trip is limited to just 46 spots. Contact us to be added to our wait list.