Air Under Pressure
Air. It fills balloons, powers tornadoes, and lets planes fly. How does air pressure play in to these complex phenomena? Join us for an evening of live, interactive experiments, and discover how air pressure is all around us. Try a few hands-on experiments to explore the effects of air pressure, and finish out the evening by building your own air pressure-powered straw rocket.
For the hands-on components of our program, we recommend having the following materials available:
- One uninflated balloon per participant (optional)
- Three pieces of paper per participant
- One straw per participant
Join Our New Digital Community “My PacSci” to Attend Air Under Pressure
My PacSci is a free online gathering and learning space for our community. We hope My PacSci will help PacSci live our mission to ignite curiosity in every child and fuel a passion for discovery, experimentation, and critical thinking in all of us.
How To Join My PacSci
1. Registration is free! Register now!
2. Click on the confirmation link in the email sent to your inbox.
3. Once inside you can set up your My PacSci profile, sign up for upcoming events, and explore curated activities.