[et_pb_text _builder_version="4.1" z_index_tablet="500" hover_enabled="0" text_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet="0px" text_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet="0px" text_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet="1px" link_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet="0px" link_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet="0px" link_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet="1px" ul_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet="0px" ul_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet="0px" ul_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet="1px" ol_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet="0px" ol_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet="0px" ol_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet="1px" quote_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet="0px" quote_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet="0px" quote_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet="1px" header_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet="0px"
For this installment of CX, investigate the impacts that climate change has on the earth. Recent wildfires, melting ice caps, extreme temperature fluctuation, and hurricane intensity have all been linked to climate change. Dive into this pressing topic through hands-on activities, lives science shows, and more. Stay tuned for additional updates!
Activities and experiences include:
- 350 Seattle: Get involved with climate justice! Become an advocate, make an impact on your local community, and vote
- Climate Action Families: Play climate change games while learning about how to discuss this difficult topic with all ages
- EarthGames: Help save earth! Play games that challenge you to think about how to make an impact in your daily lives, while also learning about game development
- Lumen: Learn about how light pollution impacts climate change
- Microsoft HoloLens: Try this mixed reality, untethered device while discovering new innovations
- PacSci: Measure the carbon levels in your body with our Artist in Residence, Rachel Lodge
- ReMake Lab/Lopez Waste Management: What are the best ways to make sustainable choices? Learn the truth about recycling
- Rowan Institute: Visit this space of support to talk about how climate change impacts our mental health
- Seattle City Light: Discover how this city organization uses energy to power Seattle
- Seattle Friends of Fission: Learn about innovations in nuclear energy
- SR3 (Sealife Response + Rehab + Research): Help the sealife in Puget Sound, with a special focus on the research and rehabilitation of whales
- Terrapower: Learn the ins and outs of nuclear energy
- Tilth Alliance: Create your own compost bin and learn about the importance of worms
- UW Clean Energy Institute: Discover innovations in next-generation solar energy and battery materials and devices, as well as their integration with systems and the grid
Make sure to start this climate-focused weekend off with a Science in the City talk, Confronting Eco-Anxiety in the Age of Crisis, on February 28.
Cost: Free for members / Included with admission
Recommended Ages: All ages
Members receive program and event discounts and free admission. Become a PacSci Member
Climate Change // Curiosity Expo has been made possible through a partnership between PacSci and the University of Washington’s Polar Science Center and Applied Physics Laboratory. Visit psc.apl.uw.edu.
Curiosity Expo is sponsored by The Boeing Company.
February 28 (Friday) - March 1 (Sunday)