Happy Hour: Hear (Her)story | Cancelled
While we are cancelling this happy hour, at this time our normal operations, events, and programming are continuing. We will provide updates if the status of any of our events change. As the situation evolves, we will respond quickly to any changes in recommendations, guidance, and direction. Learn more about Gues Health and Safety at PacSci
Curious about working in STEM fields or just looking to meet interesting people? At our March Happy Hour, mingle with STEM leaders and hear from powerhouses at local companies and organizations as PacSci celebrates Women’s History Month.
Come for an evening of engaging conversation, drinks, and exhibit exploration – stay for the curious minds abound. We’re keeping this casual so leave the resumes and cover letters at home, but feel free to dust off your business cards to make some connections. No experience required.
In small groups, speakers share their experience, followed by a Q&A discussion to answer any burning questions. Guests can meet with multiple speakers throughout the night in this speed-dating-like event. Speakers include:
- Doña Keating, President and CEO of Professional Options LLC
- Halli Benasutti, Graduate Student, UW Department of Biochemistry
- Johanna Goldman, Postdoctoral Researcher, UW School of Oceanography
- Mira Sytsma, Mammalogy Collections Assistant, Burke Museum
- Alex Brannick, PhD Candidate, UW Department of Biology
- Tamaira Ross, Principal Manager, New Glenn System Definition & Design, Blue Origin
- Ella Pilgrim, Field Engineer at New Arena at Seattle Center, Mortenson
- Tess Massaroni, Project Superintendent at New Arena at Seattle Center, Mortenson
- Manpreet Kaur, Program Manager, CyberSecurity Governance, Alaska Airlines
Cost: Members, $15 / General Public, $20
Recommended Ages: This event is 21 and over. A current, valid photo ID is required to enter.
Members receive program and event discounts and free admission. Become a PacSci Member