Preschool Programming at PacSci
The leaves are changing color, our famous rain is coming back, and kids are back in school: fall is in the air. But with the older kids back in school, what’s there to do for the younger ones? Luckily, your youngest scientists can be engaged all day with a visit to PacSci. We have plenty of enriching and interactive activities for your tots to discover every day of the week.
Here are our recommendations to keep your youngest scientists engaged:
- Our Just for Tots area says it in the name: it’s just for tots! Children 45 inches and below, and their siblings, can experiment with water at our Stream Table, play with music, blocks and more. On weekdays at 11:15 a.m., 12:15 and 1:15 p.m., join us for Story Time, where your little ones can listen to our educators tell captivating tales and facilitate activities. You can also take advantage of our nursing station, rated one of the best in the area.
- Introduce your young ones to the wonders of astronomy with our Preschool Planetarium shows, Preschool Trip to the Moon and Preschool All-stars. Your child will explore the night sky as we tell the stories behind constellations, answer questions, and even dance. This interactive show is only 15 minutes long, perfect for short attention spans. Please note, our Planetarium shows are included with admission but require tickets due to limited seating.
- Put their minds to work in Tinker Tank, our hands-on makerspace, where they can experiment with our wind table, build with Legos and Keva Blocks, or even make their own stop-motion video. Discover new engineering activities every time you stop by!
- Warm up in our Tropical Butterfly House, where summer never ends and you can witness hundreds of butterflies fluttering around you.
- Feeling hungry? Stop by our café, where we have a wide selection of items for even the pickiest of taste buds.
Spend your fall with us at PacSci, where there is something new every day for even the earliest learners. Even better, sign up to become a PacSci Member! Memberships pay for themselves in just two visits and grant you unlimited access to PacSci for one year. You’ll never wonder where to take your little learner again!