Events & Programs
Exploration For All
Exploration for All invites all families affected by autism spectrum disorder to PacSci for a special free visit. Monthly events take place either in the morning from 8-10 a.m. or in the evening visit from 6:30-8:30 p.m. During Exploration for All, PacSci is not open to the public and guests are asked to enter through the North Entrance.
Experience our exhibits without heavy crowds in a setting that is specifically for those affected by autism spectrum disorder. During Exploration for All, PacSci softens the general lighting, as well as and decreases the noise level and visual stimulation on interactive exhibits wherever possible. Additional accessibility resources can be found below.
We also provide additional captioning devices in one of our IMAX theaters and printed copies of our sensory guide for guests, including maps of our exhibit spaces rated for noise level, visual stimulation, availability to touch and feel and strong odors. We’re also creating a wheels accessible map that outlines accessible pathways. Check back for information on the wheels accessible map.
We are grateful to Seattle Children’s for their generous support of Exploration for All.
Exploration for All e-Newsletter Sign-Up
Before you visit, Download our Autism Resources which includes a sensory guide and tips and tools for families with children who have special sensory needs.
- Adventure Planner: Primary Grades
- Adventure Planner: Intermediate Grades
- Picture Schedule
- Sensory Guide
- Tips and Tools for Parents: Children with Special Sensory Needs
- Authors: Sarah Becker, Clara Palek-Zahn, Jennifer Leichtman, Valerie Tung, Students of Masters of Occupational Therapy Program, University of Washington, Dept. of Rehabilitation Therapy
- Design: Kirsten Evers, Graphic Designer, Pacific Science Center