Events & Programs
Book Your Field Trip to Pacific Science Center
A field trip to Pacific Science Center is a time-honored tradition for students of all ages across Washington state. Our hands-on exhibits, shows, and innovative programs ignite students’ curiosity for science in a day of exploration meant to enhance your curriculum and spark lifelong interest in science, math, engineering and technology.
Explore our 2018-2019 Educator Guide.
Schedule Your Field Trip
To schedule your field trip, complete the registration request form available at the link at the bottom of this page, or call (206) 443-2925 Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at least two weeks prior to your desired visit date. We will contact you within two business days to set up your field trip.
|Field Trip Packages||Price Per Student|
|Package 1||Exhibits plus choice of one experience||$10|
|Package 2||Exhibits plus choice of two experiences||$12|
|Package 3||Exhibits plus choice of three experiences||$14|
One complimentary adult general admission is covered for every five paid students. Complimentary adult admission excludes IMAX documentary. These adults will be charged a $4 IMAX documentary admission. Additional adults outside of ratio will be charged the student admission rate. Pacific Science Center Memberships cannot be applied to field trips. Payment is due one week before you visit.
Scholarships are available for qualifying schools. To learn if your school qualifies for financial assistance for your field trip, complete the registration request form at the link below or call (206) 443-2925.
Field Trip Packages
- Planetarium shows: The Planets, The Sky Tonight or Jupiter and its Moons
- Space Spot exhibits*
Biology/Health & Wellness (available Wednesdays and Fridays)
- Exploration Labs: Heredity (grades 6-12) or Brain (grades 3-8)
- Wellbody Academy exhibit*
- Body Works exhibits*
- Portal to Current Research exhibits*
- NEW planetarium show: Earth Pole to Pole
- Science On a Sphere show: Earthquakes or Volcanoes
- Puget Sound Model exhibit*
- Virtual Sandbox exhibit*
Engineering (available Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Exploration Labs: Engineer (grades K-8) or Designer (grades 3-8)
- Planetarium show: Let’s Explore Light
- Tinker Tank*
Insects (available Wednesdays and Fridays)
- Amazon Adventure 3D or Flight of the Butterflies in IMAX
- Exploration Lab: Insects (grade K-8)
- Insect Village exhibits*
- Tropical Butterfly House*
Music (available Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- America’s Musical Journey in IMAX
- Exploration Lab: Inventor
- Laser Show
Zoology (available Wednesdays and Fridays)
- Amazon Adventure 3D, Pandas 3D or Australia’s Great Wild North in IMAX
- Exploration Lab: Insects (grades K-8) or Heredity (grades 6-12)
- Naked Mole Rat exhibit*
- Animal exhibits*
*These exhibits are self-guided. Science Interpretative Staff are present on the floor that students are encouraged to engage with.
Not sure which Field Trip Package to choose? Our sales team can help you create a field trip package that best fits your class size, schedule and curriculum.
- Tropical Butterfly House Pre-Visit Guide
- Dinosaurs: A Journey Through Time Pre-Visit Guide & Activities
- Insect Village Pre-Visit Guide
- Body Works Pre-Visit Guide & Activities
- Nano Educator Guide & Activities
- Wellbody Educator Handbook Grades K-3
- Wellbody Educator Handbook Grades 4-6
- Wellbody Educator Handbook Grades K-3 Spanish
- Wellbody Educator Handbook Grades 4-6 – Spanish
Superpower Dogs Learning Tools
Volcanoes The Fires of Creation Educator Guide
Amazon Adventure 3D Educator Guide
America’s Musical Journey Educator Guide
Dream Big Educator Guide
Flight of the Butterflies 3D Educator Guide and Classroom Activities
Astro Adventures is an educator’s guide for astronomy activities created to answer the high demand for a space science unit for elementary teachers. Elementary and Middle School lesson guides are available for educator use through our printable curriculum order form. Sample Activities:
To help teachers with children who are affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder, Pacific Science Center, along with the University of Washington’s Department of Rehabilitation Therapy, has created downloadable and printable resources geared to prepare you for your visit to Pacific Science Center. Learn More
Prepare For Your Visit
Plan Your Field Trip
Submit our registration request form using the link below to plan your field trip. We will contact you to confirm your visit.