Events & Programs
Book Your Field Trip to Pacific Science Center
Register Now for the 2018-2019 School Year
Submit our registration request form using the link below to plan your field trip. We will contact you in August to confirm your visit.
Schedule Your Field Trip
To schedule your field trip, fill out a Registration Form or call (206) 443-2925 Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at least two weeks prior to your desired visit date. We will contact you within two business days to set up your field trip. Payment is due one week before your visit.
|Field Trip Packages||Price Per Student|
|Package 1||Exhibits plus choice of one experience||$10|
|Package 2||Exhibits plus choice of two experiences||$12|
|Package 3||Exhibits plus choice of three experiences||$14|
One complimentary adult general admission is covered for every five paid students. Complimentary adult admission excludes IMAX documentary. These adults will be charged a $4 IMAX documentary admission. Additional adults outside of ratio will be charged the student admission rate. Pacific Science Center Memberships cannot be applied to field trips. Payment is due one week before you visit.
Field Trip Packages
- Planetarium shows: The Planets, The Sky Tonight or Jupiter and its Moons
- Space Spot exhibits*
Biology/Health & Wellness
- Exploration Labs: Heredity (grades 6-12) or Brain (grades 3-8)
- Wellbody Academy exhibit*
- Body Works exhibits*
- Portal to Current Research exhibits*
- NEW planetarium show: Earth Pole to Pole
- Science On a Sphere show: Earthquakes or Volcanoes
- Puget Sound Model exhibit*
- Virtual Sandbox exhibit*
- Exploration Labs: Engineer (grades K-8) or Designer (grades 3-8)
- Planetarium show: Let’s Explore Light
- Tinker Tank*
- Amazon Adventure 3D or Flight of the Butterflies in IMAX
- Exploration Lab: Insects (grade K-8)
- Insect Village exhibits*
- Tropical Butterfly House*
- America’s Musical Journey in IMAX
- Exploration Lab: Inventor
- Laser Show
- Amazon Adventure 3D, Pandas 3D or Australia’s Great Wild North in IMAX
- Exploration Lab: Insects (grades K-8) or Heredity (grades 6-12)
- Naked Mole Rat exhibit*
- Animal exhibits*
*These exhibits are self-guided. Science Interpretative Staff are present on the floor that students are encouraged to engage with.
Not sure which Field Trip Package to choose? Our sales team can help you create a field trip package that best fits your class size, schedule and curriculum.
Join a Pacific Science Center educator for a guided hands-on experience. All of our Exploration Labs encourage students to use the science and engineering practices highlighted in the Next Generation Science Standards. Students will apply critical thinking and observation to dive deeper into a content area of your choice. Content is tailored to the grade level of students participating. 26 students maximum for all Exploration Labs (Inventor has a maximum of 12 students).
Engineer (Grades K-8)
Tackle a not-so-classic design-build challenge. Use household materials in unexpected ways to engineer a solution.
Designer (Grades 3-8)
Take a look at the world through another’s eyes. Identify a problem, work through a user-centered design process, and leave with a prototype solution.
Inventor (Grades 5-8)
For those who are looking for more of a ‘tech’ focus. Get your hands on some fun tools and invent your own masterpiece. Suitable for groups of 12 or fewer students.
Insects (Grades K-8)
Explore the miniature world of insects! Get hands-on with meal worms to explore an insect’s life cycle. Work together to observe characteristics of different insects and discover some of the defense mechanisms that help insects adapt to their environments.
Heredity (Grades 6-12)
Use a model to explore how traits are passed from one generation to the next. Observe patterns of inheritance and discuss ways in which adaptations may occur.
Brain (Grades 3-8)
Explore the importance of our five senses! Take a close look at a neuron and discuss how messages are sent to and from the brain. Tackle hands-on challenges to discover how different sensory receptors work to keep your brain informed. Plus, check out a real sheep brain!
While we will be featuring the following IMAX documentaries this school year, the movie schedule is not available. When we call to confirm your field trip, we will provide you with movies available for your preferred visit date.
- America’s Musical Journey
- Amazon Adventure 3D
- Australia’s Great Wild North
- Dream Big
- Flight of the Butterflies 3D
- Pandas 3D
- Preschool All-Stars
- The Sky Tonight
- Jupiter and Its Moons (grades 6-12)
- Let’s Explore Light (grades 6-12)
- NEW! Earth Pole to Pole (grades 6-12): In this planetary science live presentation we explore the northern and southern polar regions of the planet Earth. We explore how our polar regions affect every aspect of the globe.
Science On a Sphere Shows
This astonishing piece of technology uses computers, video projectors and satellite imagery from NASA and the NOAA to display dynamic images of the atmosphere, oceans and land on an illuminated sphere six feet in diameter. It explains complex natural systems like planetary formation, volcanoes, earthquakes and oceans in an easily visualized way.
Earthquakes: Audiences learn about plate tectonics and different kinds of waves, as well as earthquake preparedness.
Volcanoes: Discover how volcanoes form and what happens when they erupt. Explore the effect our very own Mount Rainier erupting would have on Seattle.
At 80 feet in diameter, experience the largest and longest-operating Laser Dome theater in the world. See brilliant laser imagery performed live with spectra of color and effects by the world’s foremost laser artists and all mixed during the show in a fusion of 15,000 watts of digital sound. Stir the imaginations of your students with brilliant laser imagery performed live to popular music tracks, with an educational twist!
Our laser artists perform a spectacular live laser light show, to a compilation playlist featuring a wide variety of kid-friendly music from some of our most popular laser shows. 30 minutes. Grades PreK-12
- Tropical Butterfly House Pre-Visit Guide
- Dinosaurs: A Journey Through Time Pre-Visit Guide & Activities
- Insect Village Pre-Visit Guide
- Body Works Pre-Visit Guide & Activities
- Nano Educator Guide & Activities
- Wellbody Educator Handbook Grades K-3
- Wellbody Educator Handbook Grades 4-6
- Wellbody Educator Handbook Grades K-3 Spanish
- Wellbody Educator Handbook Grades 4-6 – Spanish
Amazon Adventure 3D Educator Guide
America’s Musical Journey Educator Guide
Dream Big Educator Guide
Flight of the Butterflies 3D Educator Guide and Classroom Activities
Astro Adventures is an educator’s guide for astronomy activities created to answer the high demand for a space science unit for elementary teachers. Elementary and Middle School lesson guides are available for educator use through our printable curriculum order form. Sample Activities:
To help teachers with children who are affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder, Pacific Science Center, along with the University of Washington’s Department of Rehabilitation Therapy, has created downloadable and printable resources geared to prepare you for your visit to Pacific Science Center. Learn More