Exhibits & Programs
Life Sciences Research Weekend
Pacific Science Center is proud to announce our 10th annual Life Sciences Research Weekend will be November 11-13, 2016. The event is a three-day celebration of the life sciences and showcases the role local research and innovation play in our daily lives.
Event hours are Friday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. All activities will take place at Pacific Science Center.
Featuring local scientists!
A highlight of the event is the opportunity for our guests to meet members of our local science community. We’re seeking scientists, engineers and other science-based professionals who want to inspire our guests and ignite their curiosity through face-to-face conversations and hands-on activities.
Flight Of The Butterflies 3D
As part of this year’s event we’re proud to show Flight Of The Butterflies 3D, a wonderful documentary that explains the annual migration of one of the most fascinating species of butterflies, the Monarch.
Registration for presenters is now open. If you are a science-based professional and you would like to learn more about opportunities to participate, please contact Tiffany Ong (TOng@pacsci.org) or Eve Klein (EKlein@pacsci.org).
Storytime – Animal Detectives
11 a.m., 12 & 1 p.m. | Just for Tots Area, Building 2
Come solve a mystery with our favorite type of friends – the animal kind!
Secret Ocean 3D
10:30 a.m, 1 & 3:30 p.m. | PACCAR Theatre
Explore the hidden world below the sea. Watch in awe as you are introduced to over 30 species in remarkable environments including the waters of Fiji and the Bahamas.
Flight of the Butterflies 3D
11:45 a.m., 2:15 & 4:45 p.m. | PACCAR Theatre
Weighing less than a penny, join the monarch butterfly as it makes one of the longest migrations on Earth across a continent to a place it has never known.
It’s A Wonderful World Laser Show
2:15 p.m. only Friday, Saturday, Sunday | Laser Dome
Come enjoy a special Life Sciences Research Weekend Laser Show with a new playlist celebrating life on Earth.
Additional Life Sciences Festivities
Check out these Science Center highlights for daily changing schedules with additional Life Science related shows and demonstrations:
- Live Science Stage, Building 1
- Williard Smith Planetarium, Building 2
- Science on A Sphere, Building 2
- UW Institute for Learning & Brain Sciences
- Aptevo Therapeutics (Previously Emergent Biosolutions)
- Benaroya Research Institute (BRI)
- Bloodworks Northwest
- Fred Hutch
- NanoString Technologies
- Northwest Association for Biomedical Research (NWABR)
- Pacific Science Center Science Communication Fellows
- Seattle Genetics
- UW Phi Sigma Rho – Engineering Sorority
- UW Biochemistry, Computer Science and Engineering, and Center for Game Science
- UW Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering Society
- UW Genome Sciences
- UW Genome Sciences & UW Proteomics Resource Facility
- UW Neuroscience Community Outreach Group
- UW School of Nursing
- WSU Horticulture Department, Phytelligence
- WSU: Ask Dr. Universe