Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center
Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center is dedicated to inspiring future stewards of the environment through hand- on programs for teens. We focus on being outside and thinking critically about issues that affect our human and natural communities. Some of our activities include:
- hiking and wetland ecology field study in our 320-acre nature park
- learning about the importance of native plants and how to identify them
- water quality monitoring at a local stream or pond using chemical and biological factors
- nature journaling workshops
- discovering how scientists are studying the impacts of climate change on our local environment
PacSci COVID-19 Updates
Pacific Science Center is temporarily closed in compliance with State and County guidelines to slow the spread of COVID-19. We will reopen as soon as it is safe, approved, and possible.
Please check the Guest Health and Safety section on our website for our most current hours, as well as program and event updates.
Upcoming Teen Events