Tips For Seeing Terracotta Warriors Of The First Emperor
Have you been wanting to see Terracotta Warriors of the First Emperor, but weren’t sure when to go? Now’s your chance to see our newest exhibit in the best ways possible. We’ve gathered some tips and tricks for you to make the most out of your experience.
- Go on a weekday, specifically, Monday. Mondays are the only weekday we don’t have school groups visiting. If you’re hoping for a quieter, less-crowded experience inside the exhibit, visit us then. If you can’t go on a Monday, any weekday afternoon will be quieter.
- Learn more about the Qin Dynasty and the warriors by seeing Mysteries of China in IMAX® prior to viewing the exhibit. This movie gives audiences background information in a quick, 45-minute documentary.
- Learn even more by attending our planetarium show, The Skies of Ancient China. For over 4,000 years astronomers in China have made observations of the stars, the planets and the Moon. Their detailed observations of eclipses, comets and “guest stars” are still studied by modern astronomers. This is a 40-minute presentation and is live.
- Make a day out of it. We asked our staff and they’ve planned their perfect day to visit just for your convenience:
- 11:45 a.m. See Mysteries of China in IMAX.
- 12:45 p.m.: Enter Terracotta Warriors of the First Emperor and marvel at the 10 original statues and over 100 original artifacts. Take all the time you want.
- 4 p.m.: Visit the Willard Smith Planetarium for The Skies of Ancient China.
- Use any extra time you have to explore all we have to offer! From the butterfly house to Tinker Tank to the Live Science Shows, you can have a fun-filled day at Pacific Science Center.
- Take a picture with a warrior. One of our warrior replicas is touring Seattle. Take a picture, tag us, and use the hashtag #WheresTheWarrior for a chance to win 2 tickets to the exhibit.
- Plan ahead and reserve your tickets in advance. Because entry into our exhibit is limited to 75 people every 15 minutes, you may have to wait for the next available time slot if it is sold out. To ensure you can see the exhibit at your preferred time, reserve your tickets online.
- See the exhibit after hours. Attend THEORY: Festival 2017 for exclusive access to the exhibit. Not only will you get to see the exhibit, you’ll get to enjoy the whole Science Center, along with unlimited local drinks and food. More information and tickets are available at pacsci.org/theory-festival-2017.