Plan Your Visit
Getting to Pacific Science Center
During Your Visit
Accessibility and Services
Pacific Science Center is dedicated to offering accessibility for all our guests and making your visit both comfortable and memorable. We encourage you to approach any staff member with questions – they are easy to spot in Pacific Science Center shirts and badges and eager to help. We also invite you to visit the Information Desk in Building 1 where our Guest Services team can assist you.
Download our Accessibility Map to help guide you around our campus. Map provided with help from Safeco Insurance.
Wheelchairs are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis at both our Denny Way entrance and the Information Desk in Building 1. One can also be retrieved for you at other locations simply by asking a staff member. Identification will be required as a deposit.
Aides accompanying a guest with a disability receive complimentary admission to all Pacific Science Center exhibits and events, including IMAX and laser shows. Guests with an aide can request the complimentary admission from a Guest Services representative at any of our entrances or by calling our Guest Services department at (206) 443‑2844 prior to your visit. We recommend calling ahead, particularly for special exhibit entry, so that we can have your tickets waiting for you upon your arrival.
Elevators are located in Building 1 and Building 3 as well as Upper Boeing Lobby for access to the Boeing IMAX® Theater.
- In our Tropical Butterfly House, braille guides are available upon request and an audio guide can be listened to here.
- All general exhibits are wheelchair accessible. The Wellbody Academy exhibit includes a stairway lift to convey wheelchair guests from lower to upper level. Special traveling exhibits sometimes have components that are not wheelchair accessible. These exhibits have dedicated language on our website outlining any elements that have height, weight or mobility restrictions.
- In addition to the visual aspect of our exhibits, many have hearing and touch elements that invite guest interaction. Staff members are available to assist guests as needed.
Both IMAX theaters are wheelchair accessible. The PACCAR IMAX Theater accommodates more than 10 wheelchairs and the Boeing IMAX Theater accommodates up to six wheelchairs.
- To access the PACCAR IMAX Theater via wheelchair, go to the glass elevator just outside our Grossology Bathrooms in Building 5 and go up one level. Or go to the entrance to Building 1 where you’ll see a marked elevator. Take that elevator up one level, exit through cafe and proceed across upper courtyard taking a right to theater entrance once you’ve reached Building 5.
- To access Boeing IMAX Theater via elevator, proceed to the Upper Boeing Lobby. Next to our public restrooms is an elevator that will take you down to the lower lobby. Once you exit the elevator go left to theater entrance.
- Scripts of films are available upon advance request.
Laser Dome, Planetarium & Live Science Stage Access
The Laser Dome in Building 3, Planetarium in Building 2 and Live Science Stage in Building 1 are all wheelchair accessible.
There are multiple disabled parking spaces in the Claypool Memorial Garage with adjacent elevator access to a payment station and walkway to our Denny Way entrance. Guests may also be dropped off and picked up at our Denny Way turnout. Please note, the Denny Way entrance is open during daytime exhibit hours only. Evening admission is available through our North entrance, facing into Seattle Center, which can be approached from 2nd Avenue or any Seattle Center walkways. We recommend guests needing an accessible entrance during evening hours call Guest Services at (206) 852-7421 for access to our South Entrance from the garage. Please note there is also a drop-off location along 2nd Ave, between Pacific Science Center and the Children’s Theater.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) affects 1 in 88 children according to the 2012 Center for Disease Control estimates. To help families or teachers with children who are affected by ASD, Pacific Science Center along with the University of Washington’s Department of Rehabilitation Therapy has created downloadable and printable resources geared to prepare you for your visit to Pacific Science Center. Learn More
Exploration for All – Autism Early Open
We present free early access to our exhibits on the third Saturday of each month for all families affected by autism spectrum disorder. Learn More
Other Services & Amenities
- Service animals are welcome throughout Pacific Science Center.
- Benches are located throughout the interior and exterior of Pacific Science Center.
- Lockers are available for storage in Building 1 and Building 3.
- Our café is located in Building 1, near the entrance and upstairs. Both are wheelchair accessible.
- Pacific Science Center’s store is located in upper Building 3.
- Strollers are available for rent at the Information Desk or Denny Way entrance. $10 deposit and ID required with $5 returned at time of stroller return.
Restrooms and drinking fountains are located in various locations and are wheelchair accessible. Family restrooms are available on the lower level of Building 3. Changing tables are available in both men’s and women’s restrooms.
Visitor Guides containing a floor plan, show schedules and general information are available at all entrances as well as the Information Desk in Building 1.
Pacific Science Center does not have pay phones but TTY phones are available at the Information Desk in Building 1 and at Reception in Building 5.
There are no ATMs located inside Pacific Science Center, but one is located immediately outside our north entrance.
For First Aid, ask any staff member for assistance or go to the Information Desk in Building 1.
Lost & Found is located at the Information Desk in Building 1.
Pacific Science Center is a non-smoking facility. We appreciate our guests not smoking on our property, including open air spaces.
For more information about accessibility at Pacific Science Center or to contact our Section 504 Coordinator, please call (206) 443-2001 (voice) or (206) 443-2887 (TTY).
Pacific Science Center Guest Guidelines
- Pacific Science Center is a weapons-free property.
- Pacific Science Center does not tolerate any harassment or discrimination of other guests, volunteers, or staff. Pacific Science Center is an SPD Safe Place supporting safe and secure places for victims of anti-LGBTQ related crimes and harassment. Guests that feel unsafe for any reason during their visit should notify staff right away.
- Pacific Science Center is a tobacco, vaping and e-cigarette-free property, including all outdoor spaces.
- While pets are not permitted inside Pacific Science Center, service animals are welcome.
- All youth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 throughout their visit.
- No helium balloons are allowed inside Pacific Science Center. If you have any with you, we will gladly keep them in our Guest Services office until you depart.
- We invite you to take photos (for personal use only) in our outdoor spaces and many indoor spaces such as the Butterfly House, however the use of any cell phone or camera device is prohibited in our IMAX® Theaters, Laser Dome & Planetarium.
- Occasionally, due to proprietary and/or curatorial reasons, photography is not allowed inside certain exhibits – when this is the case, notice is posted prior to entry and on our website.
- For the safety and enjoyment of our IMAX® Theater, Laser Dome and Planetarium guests, no late seating is allowed. Please allow yourself ample time to park and enter.
- Most of our exhibits are interactive – please enjoy hands-on learning and handle with care so they may be enjoyed by all guests for years to come.
- For your safety, and that of our other guests, no running indoors or outdoors.
- All guests a required to wear shoes.
- Use care near the edge of the ponds. They are an integral, iconic part of Pacific Science Center but we do not want your visit ruined by a fall in the water.
- Please refrain from eating inside exhibit spaces. There is the Outdoor Lunch Area and benches around our courtyard we invite you to utilize. Food is available for purchase in our café and theater concession areas. School groups may also eat in our Discovery Labs at designated times.
- We request you do not feed any animals. Human food is not healthy for and can endanger the ducks, birds and other animals that frequent Pacific Science Center’s grounds.
- Guests may exit and re-enter Pacific Science Center during their visit. Simply show your ticket or hand-stamp to a cashier for re-entry.
- If you want to listen to music during you visit, we kindly ask that you use headphones and/or keep the volume of your personal electronic devices at a reasonable level so as not to disturb other guests. Please be aware that use of personal electronic devices is not allowed in our Planetarium, IMAX®, or laser theaters.
This list is not exhaustive and does not cover every situation. Thank you for following these guidelines and visiting Pacific Science Center. We appreciate your support. Please call (206) 443-2001 with any questions.