Plan Your VisitHours of operation, theater schedules, map, parking and more.
Open Daily 10 a.m.-6 p.m. through September 7.
Please note: we close at 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 4 and at 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 5.
Prices, schedules and hours are subject to change. Have a group of 10 or more? Check out our Group Rates.
Planning on visiting multiple attractions in Seattle? Bundle with CityPASS and save on admission.
Teens can receive $5 admission on exhibit admission, evening laser shows and documentary IMAX movies by signing up at teentix.org.
Exhibits Admission Only & IMAX Movie Only Prices
Exhibits Admission & IMAX Movie Combo Package*
*Prices do not include Traveling Exhibits. Members without sufficient IMAX entitlements pay a discounted rate of $6 for studio IMAX movies.
Exhibits Admission + Planetarium Show or Laser Show Matinee Combo Package*
Planetarium Shows and Matinee Laser shows are only sold as a package with Exhibit Admission.
*Prices do not include Traveling Exhibits. Laser show matinees are not available on all days. Children under age 4 are not admitted into planetarium shows.
Laser Dome Evening Shows
Purchase a personal laser message for just $50. Call (206) 443-2850 for more information.
Discounted admission rates are available for active duty, retiree, reservist and Department of Defense employees and their families. Discounts are available ONLY at the door with valid ID and cannot be combined with other coupons or offers. Please note that these discounts do not apply towards Traveling Exhibits or Feature Length IMAX® movies.
IMAX, Theaters, Shows
Now Playing In Our Boeing IMAX Theater:
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: The IMAX Experience
Humpback Whales 3D
Now Playing In Our PACCAR IMAX Theater:
Living In The Age Of Airplanes
Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation The IMAX Experience
Additional shows added for summer in the historic Laser Dome.
James Albert Claypool Memorial Garage
The James Albert Claypool Memorial Garage provides Pacific Science Center’s closest parking. The Claypool Garage is located on the corner of 2nd Avenue North and Denny Way and provides a covered walkway directly into our south entrance.* There are 3 levels of parking which include designated disabled spaces.
- 0–3 Hrs – $9
- 3–5 Hrs – $11
- 5–10 Hrs – $13
- Evenings after 4 p.m. – $7
Please pay upon entry, once you’ve parked your vehicle. Pay stations accept cash, VISA, MasterCard and American Express. Payment is tracked by parking stall number and the receipt you receive from the payment kiosk is for your records and does not need to be placed on your dash. Claypool Garage opens daily at 6 a.m. and closes Sunday-Thursday at 12:30 a.m., Friday-Saturday at 2:30 a.m.
*The Denny Way/south entrance closes when general exhibits close. Guests will need to walk around to the north entrance facing Seattle Center for evening access.
**Parking rates are subject to change depending on events at Pacific Science Center and Seattle Center.
Take the Seattle Center Monorail from the Westlake Center, located in the heart of downtown Seattle. The trip takes only 90 seconds. Many Seattle Metro buses will drop you off at the entrance of Pacific Science Center, including routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 13, 24 and D Line. For complete Metro bus information and schedules, visit metro.kingcounty.gov or call (206) 553-3000.
From the north follow Interstate 5 southbound:
- Take exit 166 (Stewart Street), turn right on Denny Way and follow to Second Ave. North and turn right.
- Pacific Science Center is on your right. The walkway to the entrance is just north of the Science Center buildings.
From the south follow Interstate 5 northbound:
- Take exit 165 (Seneca Street) and follow two blocks.
- Turn right on Fourth Ave. and follow until Denny Way. Turn left.
- Follow Denny Way to Second Ave. North and turn right.
- Pacific Science Center is on your right. The walkway to the entrance is just north of the Science Center buildings.
Getting Around Pacific Science Center
If you’re visiting for…
Just One Hour – There are plenty of things to discover. We suggest you see an IMAX film or visit our Tropical Butterfly House.
Two To Three Hours – Explore our Tropical Butterfly House and tide pool exhibit or explore our outdoor exhibits. After that, see one of our amazing Live Science Demonstrations, Live Planetarium Shows or an exciting IMAX film.
Four Or More Hours – That should give you enough time to see most of what we have to offer depending on the Science Demonstration and IMAX schedules for the day and how long you like to spend at each exhibit. If you want to make sure you see everything we suggest you plan to make a whole day of your visit, enjoy some lunch in our café, and Discover Pacific Science Center.
Click the diagram of our facility below for a larger version. (698KB PDF)
Accessibility & Services
Pacific Science Center is dedicated to offering accessibility for all our guests and making your visit both comfortable and memorable. We encourage you to approach any staff member with questions – they are easy to spot in Pacific Science Center shirts and badges and eager to help. We also invite you to visit the Information Desk in Building 1 where our Guest Services team can assist you.
Wheelchairs are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis at both at our Denny Way entrance and at the Information Desk in Building 1. One can also be retrieved for you at other locations simply by asking a staff member. Identification will be required as a deposit.
Strollers are available for rent at the Information Desk or Denny Way entrance. $10 deposit and ID required with $5 returned at time of stroller return.
Aides accompanying a guest with a disability receive complimentary general admission to Pacific Science Center. Limit one aide per guest.
Elevators are located in Building 1 and Building 3 as well as Upper Boeing Lobby for access to the Boeing IMAX Theater.
All general exhibits are wheelchair accessible. The Wellbody Academy exhibit includes a stairway lift to convey wheelchair guests from lower to upper level. In addition to the visual aspect of our exhibits, many have hearing and touch elements that invite guest interaction. Staff members are available to assist guests as needed. Special traveling exhibits sometimes have components that are not wheelchair accessible. These exhibits have dedicated language on our website outlining any elements that have height, weight or mobility restrictions.
Both Pacific Science Center theaters are wheelchair accessible. The PACCAR IMAX Theater accommodates more than 10 wheelchairs and the Boeing IMAX Theater accommodates up to six wheelchairs. Scripts of films are available upon advance request. To access PACCAR IMAX Theater via wheelchair, go to the glass elevator just outside our Grossology Bathrooms in Building 5 and go up one level. Or go to the entrance to Building 1 where you’ll see a marked elevator. Take that elevator up one level, exit through cafe and proceed across upper courtyard taking a right to theater entrance once you’ve reached Building 5. To access Boeing IMAX Theater via elevator, proceed to Upper Boeing Lobby (in northeast corner of facility). Next to our public restrooms is an elevator that will take you down to the lower lobby. Once you exit the elevator go left to theater entrance.
Laser Dome, Planetarium & Live Science Stage
The Laser Dome in Building 3, Planetarium in Building 2 and Live Science Stage in Building 1 are all wheelchair accessible.
There are multiple disabled parking spaces in the Claypool Memorial Garage and elevator access near our Denny Way entrance. Guests may also be dropped off and picked up at our Denny Way turnout.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) affects 1 in 88 children according to the 2012 Center for Disease Control estimates. To help families or teachers with children who are affected by ASD, Pacific Science Center along with the University of Washington’s Department of Rehabilitation Therapy has created downloadable and printable resources geared to prepare you for your visit to Pacific Science Center. Learn More
Thanks to Safeco Insurance, we present free early access to our exhibits on the second Saturday of each month for all families affected by autism spectrum disorder. Learn More
Other Services & Amenities
Service animals are welcome throughout Pacific Science Center.
Benches are located throughout the interior and exterior of Pacific Science Center.
Restrooms and drinking fountains are located in various locations and are wheelchair accessible. Family restrooms are available on the lower level of Building 3. Changing tables are available in both men’s and women’s restrooms.
Our café is located in Building 1, near the entrance and upstairs. Both are wheelchair accessible.
Lockers are available for storage in Building 1 and Building 3.
Visitor Guides containing a floor plan, show schedules and general information are available at all entrances as well as the Information Desk in Building 1.
Pacific Science Center does not have pay phones but TTY phones are available at the Information Desk in Building 1 and at Reception in Building 5.
There are no ATMs located inside Pacific Science Center, but one is located immediately outside our north entrance.
For First Aid, please ask any staff member for assistance or go to the Information Desk in Building 1.
Lost & Found is located at the Information Desk in Building 1.
Pacific Science Center’s store is located in upper Building 3.
Pacific Science Center is a non-smoking facility. We appreciate our guests not smoking on our property, including open air spaces.
For more information about accessibility at Pacific Science Center or to contact our Section 504 Coordinator, please call (206) 443-2001 (voice) or (206) 443-2887 (TTY).
Visit Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center
Located on the biologically diverse 320-acre Mercer Slough Nature Park in the heart of Bellevue, WA, Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center is a collaboration between the City of Bellevue and Pacific Science Center.
This partnership brings year-round education and science exploration for all ages. The award-winning and Gold LEED® certified facility offers classrooms, laboratories, a tree house, visitor center and hiking trails that highlight the surrounding wetlands and habitats Learn More
A field trip to Pacific Science Center is a time-honored tradition for students of all ages. Ignite your students’ curiosity for science with a day of exploration and discovery under the arches. Learn More
Pacific Science Center’s inventive and flexible space offers a wide spectrum of event options. Host an intimate dinner for 50 guests among the dinosaurs or utilize the entire facility for a lavish 4,000 person reception. Learn More
Every weekend, Pacific Science Center hosts birthday parties for kids of all ages. Learn More
Pacific Science Center Café
Pacific Science Center’s exhibits will feed your mind, but what about your body? Our on-site café is the answer. Our café offers a complete menu of lunch and dessert options, in addition to seasonal specials. You can also order regular or kid-friendly boxed lunches for groups of 10 or more, or have us cater your on-site private event.
The Pacific Science Center Café is located upstairs in Building One near the Live Science Stage. It is open daily until one hour before the Science Center closes.
In Our Café
- Turkey, ham or roast beef deli sandwiches, made fresh daily
- Gourmet salads prepared daily, including cranberry, pecan and bleu cheese, Greek salads, Caesar, and chef salads
- A rotation of homemade soups
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, corn dogs and soft pretzels
- Brownies, cookies & rice crispy treats
- Yogurt, fresh-cut fruit, bagels with cream cheese
- Frozen yogurt, assorted ice cream bars
- Soda, juices, coffee
Advance Lunch Orders for Groups
Coming with a group of 10 or more? We can provide lunch for you! To place an order, download and submit our lunch form at least one week prior to your visit. Lunch orders may be faxed to (206) 443-3631 or you may call us at (206) 727-2355 for more information.
For $11.75 + tax per adult, choose from:
Sandwich Box Lunch Option
- Your choice of turkey, ham, or roast beef sandwich, with cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- Chips, fresh fruit, cookie and choice of soda
Salad Box Lunch Option
- Cranberry, pecan and bleu cheese salad with a balsamic vinaigrette
- Greek salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, feta cheese, olives with a balsamic vinaigrette
- Chef salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cheese, turkey, hard-boiled egg with Italian dressing)
- All salads come with a roll, fruit, cookie and bottled water
For $5.50 + tax per child, choose from a turkey, ham or PB & J sandwich.
Child box lunch served with Oreo cookies, chips, a fruit cup and apple juice.
Catering for Private Events
We have a talented culinary team that will design food that fits your specific needs for your private event. You can depend on us whether it’s a business meeting, luncheon, hors d’ ourves, an elegant dinner or boxed lunch. We cater to groups both small and large and are committed to making your event a success.
Set up your private event by calling (206) 443-3611 or contact our catering manager at (206) 727-2355.
Pacific Science Center Guest Guidelines
- Pacific Science Center is a weapons-free property.
- Pacific Science Center is a tobacco-free property, including all outdoor spaces.
- While pets are not permitted inside Pacific Science Center, service animals are welcome.
- All youth under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. All ages 18 and under may require accompaniment by an adult as dictated by group policy.
- No helium balloons are allowed inside Pacific Science Center. If you have any with you, we will gladly keep them in our Guest Services office until you depart.
- We invite you to take photos (for personal use only) in our outdoor spaces and many indoor spaces such as the Butterfly House, however the use of any camera device is prohibited in our IMAX® Theaters, Laser Dome & Planetarium. Cell phones should also not be used in these spaces.
- Occasionally, due to proprietary and/or curatorial reasons, photography is not allowed inside certain traveling exhibits – when this is the case, notice is posted prior to entry and on our website. Tripods and selfie sticks are allowed where general photography is permitted but certain traveling exhibits will not allow tripods or selfie sticks.
- For the safety and enjoyment of our IMAX Theater and Laser Dome guests, no late seating is allowed. Please allow yourself ample time to park and enter.
- Most of our exhibits are interactive – please enjoy hands-on learning and handle with care so they may be enjoyed by all guests for years to come.
- For your safety, and that of our other guests, no running indoors or outdoors. All guests are also required to wear shirts and shoes at all times.
- Use care near the edge of the ponds. They are an integral, iconic part of Pacific Science Center but we do not want your visit ruined by a fall in the water.
- Please refrain from eating inside exhibit spaces. There is a brown bag area and benches around our courtyard we invite you to utilize. Food is available for purchase in our café and theater concession areas. School groups may also eat in our Discovery Labs at designated times.
- We request you do not feed any animals. Human food is not healthy for and can endanger the ducks, birds and other animals that frequent Pacific Science Center’s grounds.
- Guests may exit and re-enter Pacific Science Center during their visit. Simply show your ticket or hand-stamp to a cashier for re-entry.
Thank you for following these guidelines and visiting Pacific Science Center. We appreciate your support. Please call (206) 443-2001 with any questions.