Plan Your Visit
Curiosity Never Closes: Support PacSci
While we are closed to the public, we are still serving the community. We depend on support from you.
Guest Operations Update
Pacific Science Center’s onsite operations are currently closed due to COVID-19. We expect that onsite operations will continue to be very limited well into 2021. We will extend all memberships by the amount of time that we are closed.
But curiosity never closes. Science and an informed public are humanity’s best hopes in addressing COVID-19, climate change, and other threats. We are taking this opportunity to innovate with a steadfast commitment to serving the community. We will continue to ignite curiosity and fuel a passion for discovery, experimentation, and critical thinking through our virtual programs.
We are currently offering Virtual Field Trip experiences for grades PreK-8 in addition to prototyping other experiences. We are also using this time to re-envision our programming, refine our business model, and focus on renewing our facility.
Please visit us online and follow us on social media to see our latest offerings. Share any feedback you have on our virtual programs and how we can best serve the community during this time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your continued support.
When will PacSci reopen?
We expect that onsite operations will continue to be very limited well into 2021. At this point we do not have a welcome back date, but we will continue to offer guests the opportunity to virtually experience PacSci through Virtual Field Trips, Curiosity at Home, and other content we offer online.
Other museums are opening, why aren’t you?
The actions required to comply with the Governor’s Safe Start requirements make it very difficult for PacSci to deliver experiences that are rewarding for guests and economically sustainable. In particular, the “no touching” requirement makes it impossible to provide the hands-on interactive experiences that guests expect from us.
How will you make decisions about reopening?
We have identified four criteria for reopening the facility to guest operations. We will only open when all criteria can be met.
- Comply with public health requirements and safety guidelines. This includes proper social distancing measures, a regular cleaning schedule that meet the EPA’s requirements for disinfectants, etc.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for our employees, volunteers, guests, vendors, partners, and others that visit our facilities.
- Deliver experiences that members of the community find enriching, rewarding, and worth supporting financially through ticket purchases, memberships, and/or donations.
- Ensure that our operations are economically sustainable.
We do not currently see how we can reopen to the public and meet all four criteria under Phase 2 or Phase 3.
What offerings do you have while you are closed?
We have a variety of virtual offerings to ignite your curiosity from anywhere. Discover curated activities, live science shows, and resources for learning from home with Curiosity at Home. You can even bring the fun and excitement of a PacSci field trip to students with Virtual Field Trips. We’re also in the process of prototyping additional options. Stay tuned for more information.
How can I support PacSci?
PacSci relies on support from the community. With your support, we can continue to deliver virtual experiences and educational content like Virtual Field Trips to schools, childcare facilities, and community centers in underserved communities. Please consider making a donation.
Are you offering any onsite programming?
We are in the process of prototyping private rentals of our planetarium and PACCAR theater. These custom experiences are great for kids and adults alike. Keep an eye on our website for the most up to date information.
What does this mean for my membership?
Members and donors are more important than ever to the PacSci community. We will extend all memberships by the amount of time that we are closed. For example, if there were two months left on your membership at the time of our closure, we will extend your membership for two months when we resume onsite operations. In the meantime, we are offering discounts and special member experiences for some of our online programming.
What’s Happening e-Newsletter Sign-Up
A completely different way to visit PacSci is to take a trek through our biologically diverse 320-acre wetland nature park in the heart of Bellevue. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience, and it’s free! Learn more
Pacific Science Center Guest Guidelines
- Pacific Science Center is a weapons-free property.
- Pacific Science Center does not tolerate any harassment or discrimination of other guests, volunteers, or staff. Pacific Science Center is an SPD Safe Place supporting safe and secure places for victims of anti-LGBTQ related crimes and harassment. Guests that feel unsafe for any reason during their visit should notify staff right away.
- Pacific Science Center is a tobacco, vaping and e-cigarette-free property, including all outdoor spaces.
- While pets are not permitted inside Pacific Science Center, service animals are welcome.
- All youth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 throughout their visit.
- No helium balloons are allowed inside Pacific Science Center. If you have any with you, we will gladly keep them in our Guest Services office until you depart.
- We invite you to take photos (for personal use only) in our outdoor spaces and many indoor spaces such as the Butterfly House, however the use of any cell phone or camera device is prohibited in our IMAX® Theaters, Laser Dome & Planetarium.
- Occasionally, due to proprietary and/or curatorial reasons, photography is not allowed inside certain exhibits – when this is the case, notice is posted prior to entry and on our website.
- For the safety and enjoyment of our IMAX® Theater, Laser Dome and Planetarium guests, no late seating is allowed. Please allow yourself ample time to park and enter.
- Most of our exhibits are interactive – please enjoy hands-on learning and handle with care so they may be enjoyed by all guests for years to come.
- For your safety, and that of our other guests, no running indoors or outdoors.
- All guests a required to wear shoes.
- Use care near the edge of the ponds. They are an integral, iconic part of Pacific Science Center but we do not want your visit ruined by a fall in the water.
- Please refrain from eating inside exhibit spaces. There is the Outdoor Lunch Area and benches around our courtyard we invite you to utilize. Food is available for purchase in our café and theater concession areas. School groups may also eat in our Discovery Labs at designated times.
- We request you do not feed any animals. Human food is not healthy for and can endanger the ducks, birds and other animals that frequent Pacific Science Center’s grounds.
- Guests may exit and re-enter Pacific Science Center during their visit. Simply show your ticket or hand-stamp to a cashier for re-entry.
- If you want to listen to music during you visit, we kindly ask that you use headphones and/or keep the volume of your personal electronic devices at a reasonable level so as not to disturb other guests. Please be aware that use of personal electronic devices is not allowed in our Planetarium, IMAX®, or laser theaters.
- Pacific Science Center reserves the right to refuse or revoke membership and/or deny admission without refund at any time it is deemed necessary.
This list is not exhaustive and does not cover every situation. Thank you for following these guidelines and visiting Pacific Science Center. We appreciate your support. Please call (206) 443-2001 with any questions.
Accessibility and Services
Pacific Science Center is dedicated to offering accessibility for all our guests and making your visit both comfortable and memorable. We encourage you to approach any staff member with questions – they are easy to spot in Pacific Science Center shirts and badges and eager to help. We also invite you to visit the Information Desk in Building 1 where our Guest Services team can assist you.