Mercer Slough Environmental Education CenterA partnership with the City of Bellevue, offering nature-based programs for all ages.
We offer monthly tours of Polliwog Preschool on the first Monday of each month from 1-2 p.m., October through June. These tours will give you the opportunity to see our classroom, explore our grounds and ask the teachers questions. Please RSVP to Caroline Cook at email@example.com if you plan to attend; drop-ins are welcome as well.
Upcoming Polliwog Preschool Tours:
- March 6, 2017
- April 3, 2017
- May 3, 2017
- June 5, 2017
Children may enroll in one of the following sessions:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 9 a.m. – noon
- Tuesday/Thursday: 9 a.m. – noon
- Tuesday/Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m.
Maximum class size for is 12 students, with two educators in each class.
- Tuesday/Thursday a.m. and p.m. sessions: $2,340/year or $260/month
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday session: $3,330/year or $370/month
Full tuition payment is encouraged prior to the first day of preschool. Families may also pay tuition in nine monthly installments via credit card or check. A non-refundable deposit in the amount of one month’s tuition is due when registering your child. The deposit will cover your May/June tuition.
GENERAL DAILY SCHEDULE
- 9-9:15 a.m. — Transition: Greet teachers and classmates, free play
- 9:15-9:30 a.m. — Morning Circle: Introduce the day’s theme, weather, calendar, sharing time
- 9:30-11 a.m. — Outdoor exploration, play on the trails (weather permitting), themed activities and nature study, then a snack
- 11-11:45 a.m. — Indoor extension activities: sensory, art, math and literacy stations
- 11:45 a.m.- noon — Closing Circle: Reflections, songs, stories
- Noon — Pick-up
Meet The Polliwog Preschool Educators
CAROLINE COOK – EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Caroline loves jumping in mud puddles, holding millipedes, and sharing her love of nature with early learners. She came to Mercer Slough from North Carolina, where she worked at an outdoor after-school program, taught elementary students about barrier island ecology, and led guided hikes in the Blue Ridge Mountains. She holds a Master’s degree in Environmental Studies from UNC Wilmington, and has worked at camps and environmental education centers for over 10 years.
ROBIN BAER – EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
Robin has always been in love with the Pacific Northwest. Born and raised here in Seattle, her parents had her in the mountains and not in the mall on the weekends. Following her interest, she received her degree in Environmental Education from Western Washington University. Her most recent endeavor took her to Mazama, WA, where she designed and delivered nature and art youth programming out of a cross-country ski lodge’s attached ecology center. Her true passion in education combines natural sciences and art. In her free time, she enjoys getting outside, swimming, biking, and smelling the flowers. Robin is extremely excited to be a part of the Mercer Slough team, teaching and learning with the youth in such a beautiful place we get to call home.