Mercer Slough Environmental Education CenterA partnership with the City of Bellevue, offering nature-based programs for all ages.
Polliwog Preschool at Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center in Bellevue is a play-based and multi-aged school year program for children 3-5 years old. At Polliwog Preschool, nature is used as the ideal catalyst for discovery and stimulation. Seasonal themes and daily activities are designed to meet the developmental needs of early learners, while encouraging curiosity and fostering a love of nature and learning. To learn more about Polliwog Preschool, download the Polliwog Preschool Parent Handbook or call (425) 450-0207.
SESSION TIMES Children may enroll in one of the following sessions:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m.
CLASS SIZE Maximum class size for is 12 students, with two educators in each class. TUITION
- Tuesday/Thursday morning and afternoon sessions: $2,205/year or $245/month
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday session: $3,130/year or $350/month
Full tuition payment is encouraged prior to the first day of preschool. Families may also pay tuition in nine monthly installments via credit card or check. A non-refundable deposit in the amount of one month’s tuition is due when registering your child. The deposit will cover your May/June tuition. GENERAL DAILY SCHEDULE
- 9-9:15 a.m. — Transition: Greet teachers and classmates, free play
- 9:15-9:30 a.m. — Morning Circle: Introduce the day’s theme, weather, calendar, sharing time
- 9:30-11 a.m. — Outdoor exploration, play on the trails (weather permitting), themed activities and nature study, then a snack
- 11-11:45 a.m. — Indoor extension activities: sensory, art, math and literacy stations
- 11:45 a.m.-12 p.m. — Closing Circle: Reflections, songs, stories
- 12 p.m. — Pick-up