Events & Programs
Science on Wheels: Summer Science Series
Bring PacSci to you during the summer!
Science On Wheels builds curiosity for STEM topics for your out-of-school time or summer camp program with our Summer Science Series. The Summer Science Series engages campers of all ages with with five one-hour, engaging and interactive STEM programs spread throughout your camp experience. This program is only available in King, Pierce and Snohomish counties.
Each Summer Science Series program features five one-hour, hands-on workshops full of engaging and educational activities that are facilitated by our educators. We tailor our programs for specific age groups in grades K-8. Workshop series can be scheduled during one week or over five weeks to engage your campers throughout the summer. See Pricing & Packages below for differences in local and regional program offerings and registration requirements.
Summer Science Series provide unique, hands-on programs aimed at creating opportunities to build, experiment and think critically for youth in grades K-8. Program themes available inside King, Pierce or Snohomish counties only.
- Stellar Science (astronomy): Prepare to blast off on a voyage of discovery! Engineer for space flight, dissect light beams, and observe patterns in the sky to learn more about living on Earth.
- Engineer It!: Delve into the world of invention and problem solving while exploring the knowledge, skills, and tools used to change our lives.
- Geology Rocks: Geologist needed! Sift through sand, investigate volcanoes, and dig up the secret history of rocks and how they have made our world.
- Fantastic Physiology (human body): Take a tour of the world of physiology! Challenge students to uncover the amazing aspects of their insides and explore the systems and organs that keep us kicking.
Series Formats and Requirements
Each Summer Science Series program package consists of five one-hour visits.
- One week series: A one-hour workshop daily for five consecutive days
- Five week series: A one-hour workshop one day per week for five weeks.
- Maximum of 24 participants per workshop
- Enough tables and chairs for all participants
- Access to water and electricity
- One adult staff member or volunteer must be present
Pricing & Financial Assistance
PacSci is dedicated to providing access to science for all. Financial assistance may be available for qualifying programs. Ask if your program qualifies for discounted pricing during the registration process. For Science On Wheels pricing information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|5 workshops (1 workshop per day)||$1,200|
|10 workshops (2 sequential workshops per day)||$1,825|
|15 workshops (3 sequential workshops per day)||$2,450|
|20 workshops (4 workshops per day, 2 workshops running simultaneously)||$3,075|
Looking for a Smaller Program or Single Visit?
Science On Wheels also offers single program visits with individual live science shows, workshops, hands-on exhibits or presentations in our portable planetariums. Learn more.
Educator e-Newsletter Sign-Up