Events & Programs
Science in the City
Science in the City connects you with experts in our community to explore the latest in science and technology. Each event features a presentation designed for general audiences followed by a discussion.
Topics are constantly rotating and there is always something new to discover. Check out upcoming Science in the City events in our calendar listing, and join in the next discussion. For monthly event announcements and updates, subscribe to the e-Newsletter below.
Introducing PacSci Fusion Memberships
A lively mix of science and social—just for adults!
Science in the City e-Newsletter Sign-Up
Global Health and Development Series
In partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Washington Global Health Alliance
On the second Tuesday of every month, this series features a a scientist or researcher who is working on scalable solutions to address global health problems. All Global Health and Development lectures are free and have drinks available for purchase. Our key partners in this series are the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Washington Global Health Alliance.
The Science of Sports & Entertainment Series
In partnership with NHL Seattle & the Oak View Group
Sports, entertainment and science are coming together in a way never before seen in Seattle. Join us as we launch a new series, bringing together three powerhouses of innovation: NHL Seattle, Oak View Group and Pacific Science Center. In the coming months, we’ll explore the surprising and inspiring role science plays in the world of sports and entertainment, from geometry’s impact on the way a hockey puck moves across the ice and into the net, to the way physics shapes the path sounds take from the stage to the listener’s ear during a concert.
Past Podcasts of the Science in the City KUOW Speakers Forum Partnership Series
- Acoustics at the New Arena on April 23, 2019
- The Lives of Bees on May 16, 2019
- Smoke: The New Normal? On June 14, 2019
- Star Trek and the Science of Human(oid) Evolution on July 29, 2019
- Recompose: Innovations in Deathcare on August 20, 2019
- One Doctor, Two Million Patients: Mental Health Care in Sub-Saharan Africa on September 10, 2019
- The Feeling of Life Itself: Why Consciousness is Widespread but Can’t be Computed on October 5, 2019
- Dangerous Products: In the Home and in our Stomachs on November 26, 2019
- World First: Light Rail on the Floating Bridge on December 10, 2019
Science in the City is made possible with generous support from Seattle Hockey Partners and Jeff and Carmen Barr. Additional support comes from more than 2,500 individuals, companies, and foundations that donate to the Science Center each year. Click here to learn more about ways you can support Science in the City and Pacific Science Center.
Speakers and topics subject to change without notice.