Events & Programs
Summer Camp Scholarship Application
The Camps for Curious Minds Scholarship Program offers youth in grades PreK-8 interested in science education opportunities to participate in one of our week-long camp sessions at Pacific Science Center, or one of our off-site locations, at no cost.
PacSci offers full scholarships for prospective campers who qualify in any of the following ways:
- Free or reduced lunch: Camper qualified for free or reduced lunch program for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Foster care: Camper is in the foster care system currently or was during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Other government public assistance: Parent/guardian enrolled in the food assistance program (SNAP) or other
public assistance programs.
- Family Access or Youth Access Membership: A low-income membership in the parent/guardian or camper’s name.
Scholarship recipients are chosen using a lottery system. Completing an application does not automatically mean you will receive a scholarship. You will be notified in March 20, 2020 of one of three possible outcomes: scholarship recipient, wait-list, or not selected for a scholarship. If you are wait-listed, you will be contacted if a lottery winner chooses not to accept their scholarship.
- January 22, 2020: Scholarship application available to General Public
- March 8, 2020: Scholarship Application Due
- March 20, 2020: Scholarship recipients notified
- March 25, 2020: Confirmation/Acceptance Deadline
PacSci is no longer accepting scholarship applications for summer 2020.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, with subject title “2020 Summer Camp Scholarships”.
Please complete all sections to qualify. Incomplete applications may result in your application not being considered.
If you are the parent/guardian of multiple children or siblings, please note that one complete application must be submitted for each prospective camper.