Events & Programs
Summer Camps From Pacific Science Center
Inspire the inner scientist in your child! Summer camps from Pacific Science Center are the perfect opportunity to explore, experiment and discover. Our exciting and enriching summer camps for kids are at eight locations in the greater Seattle area for grades PreK-8 and offer hands-on science experiments, fun and challenging projects, and unique and innovative learning experiences.
Early bird registration ends April 30.
Registration for each week of Summer Camp closes on the Wednesday before the camp start date at 11:59 p.m.
Summer Camp Guide
See our 2018 Camp Guide below for camps by age range. Camps are based on the grade level your child will be entering in fall 2018. Please review our Summer Camps FAQ.
Summer Camp Locations
Camps for Curious Minds are offered at the following locations for grades PreK through 8:
- Pacific Science Center in Seattle, June 25 – August 31
- Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center in Bellevue, June 25 – August 31
- St. Thomas School in Medina, July 2 – August 10
- Kirkland Seventh-day Adventist School in Kirkland, June 25 – July 6
- The Overlake School in Redmond, July 9 – August 3
- Brighton School in Mountlake Terrace, July 9 – August 17
- UW Bothell in Bothell, August 6 – 24
- Explorer West Middle School in West Seattle, July 9 – 27
Summer Camp Procedures by Location
Please review the camp procedures specific to each of our eight locations.
- Bellevue Camp Procedures
- Bothell Camp Procedures
- Kirkland Camp Procedures
- Medina Camp Procedures
- Mountlake Terrace Camp Procedures
- Redmond Camp Procedures
- Seattle Camp Procedures
- West Seattle Camp Procedures
For summer camps in Seattle and Bellevue, please review our pick-up and drop-off maps.
For general information about summer camps, please review our Summer Camps FAQ.
Camp Registration, Transfers & Cancellations
HOW TO REGISTER & PAY
All registrations must be made online.
- When registering, choose the grade level your child will be entering in fall 2018.
- Full payment can be made when you register; otherwise, a $100 non-refundable deposit per camp is required, with the remaining balance due by April 30.
- Registrations made after April 30 require full payment at the time of registration.
- Registration closes at midnight the Wednesday before the camp start date.
TRANSFERS & CANCELLATIONS
To transfer between camps or cancel your camp session(s), call (206) 443-2925. Please have your confirmation number ready. Your confirmation number can be found in the confirmation email you received after registering for summer camp.
Transfers: Requests for transfers must be made at least one week prior to the camp start date. A $20 processing fee will be charged per transfer.
Cancellations: Requests for withdrawal from camp must be made at least two weeks prior to the camp start date. A $100 processing fee will be retained per camp session. No refunds will be given within two weeks of the camp start date.
Summer Camp Scholarships
The Camps for Curious Minds Scholarship Program offers youth in grades PreK-8 interested in science education opportunities to participate in one of our week-long summer camp sessions at Pacific Science Center at no cost.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen using a lottery system. Completing an application does not automatically mean you will receive a scholarship. We originally planned to notify you via email by March 16, but we will now notify recipients during the week of March 19 of one of two possible outcomes: scholarship recipient or scholarship wait-list. Scholarship recipients will be notified via email with a link to complete their registration. Scholarship recipients will have one week to register. If you are wait-listed, you will be contacted if a lottery winner chooses not to accept their scholarship.
- February 28 – Scholarship Application Due
- Week of March 19 – Scholarship recipients notified
- One week after recipient receives scholarship offer – Confirmation/Acceptance Deadline
Camper Lunch Program (Seattle, Medina & Redmond Only)
We are pleased to offer the Camper Lunch Program at Pacific Science Center’s main campus, The Overlake School in Redmond and St. Thomas School in Medina for full-day campers or campers participating in both morning and afternoon half-day camps.
Lunch at Pacific Science Center
At Pacific Science Center’s main campus, you can sign up for the Camper Lunch Program at the time of registration. Lunches are provided by our very own Pacific Science Center Café. We use seasonal fruits and vegetables, making every meal fresh. Standard and vegan lunches are available and come with a water bottle and two snacks. Lunch orders are not available by the day, and all orders or cancellations must be made by 4 p.m. on the Wednesday before your child’s camp start date. Substitutions are not available.
- $45 for 5-day camp week
- $36 for 4-day camp week
Two weeks before your child’s camp start date, you will receive a link in your confirmation email to choose your preference between the regular and vegan lunch menus.
- All ingredients and sides included in the vegan menu are vegan.
- Food is processed in a facility on shared equipment that has been used for nuts, tree nuts and other allergens.
- Campers with allergies or sensitivities are encouraged to provide their own snack.
Lunch at The Overlake School
At The Overlake School in Redmond, you can sign up for lunch at the time of registration. Lunch is provided by the school cafeteria and includes a hot entree, sides and a salad bar option. Limited dietary restrictions can be accommodated with advance notice. All orders or cancellations must be made by 4 p.m. on the Wednesday before your child’s camp start date.
- $40 for 5-day camp week
- $32 for 4-day camp week
Lunch at St. Thomas School
At St. Thomas School, lunch is included in the cost of camp. Lunch and snacks are provided by SAGE Dining. SAGE is committed to delivering safe, healthy options for every camper regardless of allergies or dietary restrictions. View the menu and learn more at sagedining.com/menus/stthomasschool. Lunch includes a hot entree, sides, salad bar and sandwich options. Campers also receive two snacks per day. Road Trip campers are provided sack lunches.
Members get advanced access to register for Camps and receive exclusive discounts.