Events & Programs
Summer Camps From Pacific Science Center
Inspire the inner scientist in your child! Summer camps from Pacific Science Center are the perfect opportunity to explore, experiment and discover. Our exciting and enriching summer camps for kids are available at eight locations in the greater Seattle area for grades PreK-8 and offer hands-on science experiments, fun and challenging projects, and unique and innovative learning experiences.
Early Bird Registration Ends March 31
Summer Camp Locations
Camps for Curious Minds are offered at the following locations for grades PreK-8:
- Pacific Science Center in Seattle, June 24 – August 30
- Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center in Bellevue, June 24 – August 30
- St. Thomas School in Medina, July 1 – August 9
- Kirkland Seventh-day Adventist School in Kirkland, June 24 – July 19
- Brighton School in Mountlake Terrace, July 8 – August 16
- UW Bothell in Bothell, August 5 – 23
- Explorer West Middle School in West Seattle, July 15 – August 2
- NEW! Rainier Prep in Burien, June 24 – July 12
2019 Summer Camp Guides
Camp Registration, Transfers & Cancellations
HOW TO REGISTER & PAY
All registrations must be made online.
- When registering, choose the grade level your child will be entering in fall 2019.
- Full payment can be made when you register; otherwise, a $100 non-refundable deposit per camp is required, with the remaining balance due by April 30.
- Registrations made after April 30 require full payment at the time of registration.
- Registration closes at midnight the Wednesday before the camp start date.
TRANSFERS & CANCELLATIONS
To transfer your child between camps or cancel your child’s camp session(s), call (206) 443-2925. Please have your confirmation number ready. Your confirmation number can be found in the confirmation email you received after registering for summer camp.
Transfers: Requests for transfers must be made at least one week prior to the camp start date. Cost: $30 per transfer.
Waitlist Procedures: An email will be sent if a spot becomes available. Please register for the camp through the link provided in the email. You will have to pay for the camp and complete the registration process. Please call our office after registering if you would like to transfer out of a different camp.
Cancellations: Requests for withdrawal from camp must be made at least two weeks prior to the camp start date. Please call (206) 443-2925 to cancel a camp session. Please have your confirmation number ready. Your confirmation number can be found in the confirmation email you received after registering for summer camp. A $100 non-refundable deposit will be retained per camp session. No refunds will be given within two weeks of the camp start date.
Summer Camp Scholarships
The Camps for Curious Minds Scholarship Program offers youth in grades PreK-8 interested in science education opportunities to participate in one of our week-long summer camp sessions at no cost.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen using a lottery system. Completing an application does not automatically mean you will receive a scholarship. We will now notify recipients on March 15 of one of two possible outcomes: scholarship recipient or scholarship wait-list. Scholarship recipients will be notified via email with a link to complete their registration. Scholarship recipients will have one week to register. If you are wait-listed, you will be contacted if a lottery winner chooses not to accept their scholarship.
We are no longer accepting scholarship applications for summer 2019.
- January 22: Scholarship application available
- February 28 – Scholarship Application Due
- March 15 – Scholarship recipients notified
- One week after recipient receives scholarship offer – Confirmation/Acceptance Deadline
Camper Lunch Program (Seattle & Medina Only)
We are pleased to offer the Camper Lunch Program at Pacific Science Center’s main campus and St. Thomas School in Medina for full-day campers or campers participating in both morning and afternoon half-day camps.
Lunch at Pacific Science Center
At Pacific Science Center’s main campus, you can sign up for the Camper Lunch Program at the time of registration. Lunches are provided by our very own Pacific Science Center Café. We use seasonal fruits and vegetables, making every meal fresh. Standard and vegan lunches are available and come with a water bottle and two snacks. Lunch orders are not available by the day, and all orders or cancellations must be made by 4 p.m. on the Wednesday before your child’s camp start date. Substitutions are not available.
- $50 for 5-day camp week
- $40 for 4-day camp week
Two weeks before your child’s camp start date, you will receive a link in your confirmation email to choose your preference between the regular and vegan lunch menus.
- All ingredients and sides included in the vegan menu are vegan.
- Food is processed in a facility on shared equipment that has been used for nuts, tree nuts and other allergens.
- Campers with allergies or sensitivities are encouraged to provide their own snack.
Lunch Menu for Pacific Science Center
- Monday: Turkey Sandwich (turkey, cheddar and lettuce on buttermilk)
- Tuesday: Ham Sandwich (ham, Monterey Jack Cheese and lettuce on light wheat)
- Wednesday: Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap with breaded chicken tenders, cheddar and lettuce
- Thursday-Italian Wrap (salami and pepperoni, cream cheese and Mozzarella in lettuce wrap)
- Friday: Tony’s pizza with Foot by the Foot
Snacks: carrots with Ranch, applesauce, graham crackers, grapes, string cheese, Tillamook Cheddar, apples, bananas
Beverages: water bottle, Tree Top apple juice, 2% milk
Lunch at St. Thomas School
At St. Thomas School, lunch is included in the cost of camp. Lunch and snacks are provided by SAGE Dining. SAGE is committed to delivering safe, healthy options for every camper regardless of allergies or dietary restrictions. View the menu and learn more at sagedining.com/menus/stthomasschool. Lunch includes a hot entree, sides, salad bar and sandwich options. Campers also receive two snacks per day. Road Trip campers are provided sack lunches.
Learn more about this summer’s camps in this quick PacSci Podcast:
PacSci Members get early access to summer camp registration and receive exclusive discounts.
Make sure your child gets a spot in their first-choice summer camp with Member early access and discover something new every day with Membership at Pacific Science Center. Members enjoy an entire year of fun-fueled activities, experiences and events that are perfect for the whole family!