Events & Programs
Summer Science Series
Bring Pacific Science Center to you during the summer!
The Summer Science Series is no longer accepting reservations for Summer 2019.
Please sign up for the Educator e-Newsletter for updates with registration will be open next year.
Science On Wheels will build curiosity for STEM topics at your out-of-school time or summer camp program during our Summer Science Series. We will build curiosity and excitement in campers of all ages with five one-hour, engaging and interactive STEM programs spread throughout your camp experience.
Each series features five one-hour, hands-on workshops full of engaging and educational activities facilitated by our educators. We tailor our programs for specific age groups in grades K-8. Choose to have your workshop series across one week or five weeks to engage your campers throughout the summer. For questions or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 443-2925.
See Pricing & Packages below for differences in local and regional program offerings and registration requirements.
Looking for a smaller program? Science On Wheels also offers single program visits to your facility with individual live science shows, workshops, hands-on exhibits or presentations in our portable planetariums. Learn more.
Local programs located inside King, Pierce or Snohomish counties may choose from the following program themes. Themes are available for grades K-8, unless otherwise noted:
- Stellar Science (astronomy)
- Engineer It!
- Geology Rocks
- Fantastic Physiology (human body)
- Amazing Animals – grades K-2 only
- Mission Control (rocket design) – grades 3-8 only
Regional programs located outside of King, Pierce and Snohomish counties may choose from the following program themes. Themes are available for grades K-8:
- Brain Games (math)
- Phenomenal Physics
Each package consists of five one-hour visits to your out-of-school or camp program.
- One week series: We’ll visit your camp program with a one-hour workshop daily for five consecutive days (local or regional programs).
- Five week series: We’ll visit your camp program with a one-hour workshop one day per week for five weeks. (Not available for regional programs outside of King, Pierce and Snohomish counties.)
- 24 participants maximum per workshop
Regional Program Requirements
- Regional programs may only book the one week series format.
- Regional programs may only book a Summer Science Series if there are two sites with a program in the area (within a 30 mile radius) during the same week. If you do not have a partner site in mind, please contact David Valentine, Community Access Specialist, at 206-269-5741 or email@example.com, and he will happily work with you to find a potential partner site.
- For regional programs, mileage and overnight fees will be added to the program price listed below.
Pricing & Financial Assistance
We are dedicated to providing access to science for all. Financial assistance may be available for qualifying programs. Ask if your program qualifies for discounted pricing in the notes section of the registration request, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|5 workshops (1 workshop per day)||$1,200|
|10 workshops (2 sequential workshops per day)||$1,825|
|15 workshops (3 sequential workshops per day)||$2,450|
|20 workshops (4 workshops per day, 2 workshops running simultaneously)||$3,075|
|Regional Packages||Price (includes overnight fees)|
|10 workshops (2 sequential workshops per day)||$2,400|
|15 workshops (3 sequential workshops per day)||$3,025|
Questions? Call (206) 443-2925 or email email@example.com.
Educator e-Newsletter Sign-Up