Plan Your Visit
Tech Takeover at Pacific Science Center
Come see how Pacific Science Center is experimenting with tech. We’re incorporating new technology into some of your favorite exhibits and we’ve added new experiences to give you a glimpse into the future.
We’re incorporating virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies into a number of exhibits and adding experiences featuring state-of-the-art technology and the local companies working to create them.
- Visit our two incubator spaces where startups-in-residence, Curio Interactive and Hyperspace, are working on technology featuring AR and VR. Meet the innovators, test their prototypes and help shape the future of technology.
- In the VR Microtheater, dive with whales in an eight-minute 360-degree movie, The Click Effect, which uses VR to immerse you deep into the ocean.
- Learn about geology and geography as you mold sand at the Sandbox AR table.
- During your visit, check out our Puget Sound Model, newly equipped with iPads that use AR to highlight the geological and environmental uniqueness of Puget Sound.
- Try your hand at “space travel” in Tinker Tank– our wind table now offers a new challenge: while getting your paper to fly, you can also view it as a spaceship flying through hoops. The augmented reality technology detects your paper and displays it as a spaceship on a screen navigating around obstacles in the air.
At the Science Center, we’re constantly evolving. Experience what’s new today!