Plan Your Visit
Traffic Alert – SR 99 Closure
Seattle’s Alaskan Way Viaduct, SR 99 will close permanently for approximately three weeks starting January 11, 2019. The move will require changes in the way we all get around Seattle.
Here are some things to know:
- Pacific Science Center will remain open during the time in which the Viaduct is closed.
- The Battery Street Tunnel will remain open during the three-week Viaduct closure (one lane for each direction).
- The tunnel opening celebrations are scheduled for Feb. 2-3. Many of those weekend activities are located at the Tunnel North Portal, just to the east of Seattle Center, and will bring street congestion and closures.
- The tunnel opening is expected the week of Feb. 4, exact date TBD.
What Can You Do?
- Plan additional time for your trip to Pacific Science Center.
- Want to wait out traffic? Check out one of our many after-hours events, Science in the City lecture, IMAX films, and Laser Shows.
Stay In The Know
Before you travel, check current travel times, plan your route, and stay informed.
Travel news on Twitter follow: @WSDOT_traffic @SeattleDOT @KCMetroBus @SoundTransit @MyCommTrans #Realign99 #99Tunnel
- WSDOT Travel Times
- SDOT Traveler Information Map
- Transit Alerts
- Commute Seattle’s Commute Portal
- WSDOT’s Seattle-area live travel times page
- WSDOT Traffic mobile app
- WSDOT Live Traffic Cameras
Many transit agencies are adding and adjusting their operations to accommodate the Viaduct closure. Check your transit options using these trip planning resources:
Trying to make an IMAX film or Laser Show? Plan additional time on your route. Pacific Science Center has a no late seating policy for both of our IMAX theaters for the safety and enjoyment of all our guests. Please allow ample time for entry. Thank you!
Did you miss your show? For refunds or exchanges please contact Guest Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 443-2844. Tickets noted with “No Refunds or Exchanges” cannot be refunded or exchanged at any time. For all other tickets, no refunds or exchanges will be offered after the event has begun or the entry time has passed. Refund or exchanges requested via phone or email should be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the event start time to ensure they are processed. Service fees are non-refundable. An exchange charge of $4 per order will be applied to all exchanges.