Events & Programs
The Ultimate NYE Giveaway
Enter to Win the Ultimate New Year’s Eve Experience.
Want to win tickets to the most spectacular New Year’s Eve Party in Seattle along with a night’s stay at a premiere hotel in Downtown Seattle, a top-tier dining experience and round-trip transportation?
Enter to win Pacific Science Center’s Ultimate NYE Giveaway. From November 13 through November 19, look for SPECTRA 2018 stickers scattered across Seattle. When you spot one, take a photo using the hashtag: #SPECTRA18giveaway
One lucky winner will be randomly chosen on November 20 to win:
- Two VIP Tickets to SPECTRA 2018: New Year’s Eve Under the Arches
- A Night’s Stay at Inn at the Market
- $100 gift certificate and reservations at Matt’s in the Market
- Two round-trip Monorail tickets
Contestants who post multiple photos will be entered multiple times thus increasing their chances of winning.
Terms and Conditions
“The Ultimate NYE Giveaway”
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION. These official rules (“Official Rules”) apply to the “The Ultimate NYE Giveaway”offered as part of the promotion for Pacific Science Center’s event SPECTRA 2018: New Year’s Eve Under the Arches. One grand-prize winner and one (1) guest will receive two (2) VIP tickets to SPECTRA 2018: NYE Under the Arches, one (1) night stay at Inn at the Market, one (1) gift card valued at $100 at Matt’s in the Market, and two (2) round trip Monorail tickets listed in Section 9 of the Official Rules subject to the Pacific Science Center rules, terms and conditions available in Appendix A. To enter into the Contest, participant must enter through social media by using indicated hashtag, subject to the following terms and conditions. No purchase necessary.
This Contest is sponsored by Pacific Science Center (“Sponsor”). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook has complete release from any obligation by each entrant or participant.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest commences at 12:00:01 PM (PT) on November 13, 2017, and at 11:59:59 PM (PT) on November 19, 2017.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Entrants must be at least 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Winner must present valid driver’s license and/or passport to verify date of birth Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Sponsor and any affiliated companies, sponsors, advertising agencies, and third party fulfillment agencies are not eligible. Employees and volunteers of Inn at the Market, Matt’s in the Market or Seattle Center Monorail or their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) are not eligible to participate. Winner agrees to send photos of their experience to Pacific Science Center and let their name and likeness be used in promotion associated with winning the trip. Because of nature of prize, winner should be of good health and physically mobile without limitations. Winner must agree to the rules, terms and conditions available in Appendix A.
6. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be one (1) grand-prize winner deemed by random selection of profile name from pool of users of the hashtag: #SPECTRA2018giveaway. For the avoidance of doubt, each potential Prize Winner shall be subject to verification, including, without limitation, as described in Article 7 below, which may require more than six weeks for processing and confirmation of same.
7. PRIZE WINNER VERIFICATION: Upon the request of Sponsor, the potential Prize Winner must sign and return the following documents in order to be eligible to receive the Prize (as defined herein): (a) provide name, address and valid state issued ID, in each instance (i.e., subsections (a) above), releasing Sponsor from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for or related to (i) personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Contest or the receipt and/or use of any Prize and (ii) publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, intellectual property and any other personal, proprietary or property rights of any party and/or any related cause of, including, without limitation, the use/misuse and/or acceptance of any Prize; and (d) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use each potential Prize Winner’s name and likeness for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes without additional compensation, credit, accounting, notification or approval (collectively, the “Contest Documentation”). By entering into the Contest, each Entrant agrees to promptly sign and return all of the Contest Documentation.
8. PRIZE TERMS AND RESTRICTIONS: Only the Prizes as described in these Official Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents and/or redemptions shall be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, including a cash award, in the event that the applicable Prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of any Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Sponsor Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use and redemption of any Prize. The Sponsor Entities make no representations or warranties (express or implied) concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Sponsor shall not be liable for nor replace any lost or stolen element of any Prize. Designation as a Prize Winner is non-transferable or assignable to any other person or entity.
9. PRIZE DESCRIPTION AND CONDITIONS: Subject to all of the terms set forth in these Official Rules, the London Prize Package for the Contest shall include the following:
The Ultimate NYE Giveaway (the ” Ultimate NYE Giveaway “) for the winner and one (1) guest the following:
Two VIP tickets to SPECTRA 2018: New Year’s Eve Under the Arches
One Night Stay at Inn at the Market
One gift card valuing at $100 for Matt’s in the Market
Two round-trip Monorail tickets
The Ultimate NYE Giveaway is subject to the Ultimate NYE Giveaway rules, terms and conditions available in Appendix A. This trip includes two VIP tickets to SPECTRA 2018: New Year’s Eve Under the Arches, one night stay at Inn at the Market, one gift card valuing at $100 for Matt’s in the Market and two round-trip Monorail tickets. Ultimate NYE Giveaway Terms and Conditions: Ultimate NYE Giveaway will be subject to Pacific Science Center’s terms and conditions in Appendix A of these Rules. The London Prize Package will not include ground transportation to the group meeting point, park entrance fees (where required) or gratuities and personal items. Ultimate NYE Giveaway must be redeemed on December 31, 2017.
10. POSTING TERMS; RESTRICTIONS; LICENSE: In order to promote, market and publicize the Contest, the Sponsor Entities and certain other related initiatives, entities and services, the Sponsor Entities require a license to use any and all information, materials and content posted, made available or submitted in connection with each Entrant’s participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, each Entrant’s name (and likeness), user name(s), biographical information, and any other personal information (collectively, the “Postings”). By way of example and by no means limitation, the Postings may be used in connection with leader boards, widgets, Entrant lists, news feeds, emails, notifications, message boards, forums, blogs, online social community network profiles/groups/platforms, periodicals, magazines, news reports, websites, programming channels, broadcast and any other means of public display and performance, and other uses which may incorporate the Sponsor Entities and/or other affiliated parties’ property and branding (including, without limitation, promotional materials such as banners, photos, logos, trademarks, audio-visual content, widgets, etc.). Accordingly, each Entrant hereby expressly grants the Sponsor Entities a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, sub licensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit, create derivative works, modify and promote any and all Postings in, on, through and in connection with any and all now known or hereafter devised, discovered or developed forms of media, products, platforms and services, without notice and without compensation, right of inspection, royalty, accounting, liability or obligation of any kind to any Entrant or any other third party.
11. GENERAL TERMS: The Contest is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Any violation of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries in the Contest or any Entrant’s activities associated therewith that may be deemed, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to violate these Official Rules, and/or any policies or guidelines established by Sponsor that govern Entrants’ participation in the Contest. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER FROM THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER SHALL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any transmission or other activity not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of the Contest, including, without limitation, mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel the Contest for any reason or no reason in its sole discretion without liability or obligation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for the incorrect or inaccurate posting of information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Postings, Eligible Entries, memberships, registrations or other correspondence or transmissions in connection with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, applications, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion or otherwise on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of any materials, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prize Winners. If, for any reason, any functionality or other aspect of the Contest is not capable of being offered and/or operated as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and will result in disqualification of all such entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant or other party for any reason, including those it finds to (a) have tampered with the entry process or the operation of any technology associated therewith (or any component thereof); (b) be acting in violation of these Official Rules or the spirit of the Contest; or (c) be acting in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, whether with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or Entrant or other otherwise, or to have provided inaccurate information at any time during the Contest, including, without limitation, on any entries or legal documents submitted in connection with the Contest or otherwise. Further, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant whose conduct, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, is deemed to be offensive, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate or unsportsmanlike in any way for the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entrants agrees and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Entrants acts or omissions in connection the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
12. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees (or the Entrant’s parent/legal guardian, if the Entrant is a minor in his/her state of legal residence) that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Prize Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any Entrant (or the Entrant’s parent/legal guardian, if the Entrant is a minor in his/her state of legal residence) be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and each Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions, rights and obligations of each Entrant in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings as set forth in these Official Rules, shall take place in the State of Washington, County of King. The Sponsor Entities and each Entrant (or the Entrant’s parent/legal guardian, if the Entrant is a minor in his/her state of legal residence) waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest.
14. PRIZE WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Prize Winner’s name, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Trip to The Case of the Missing Tickets, Pacific Science Center, 200 Second Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109. Requests received after December 1, 2017 shall not be honored.
15. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored Pacific Science Center, 200 Second Ave N., Seattle, WA, 98109, and Inn at the Market 86 Pine St., Seattle, WA 98101.
CONDITIONS OF ULTIMATE NYE GIVEAWAY PACKAGE. The winner’s guest cannot be a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence (a “Minor”).
The winner and guest must use event tickets, hotel stay, gift certificate and transportation together. Winner and guest must use accommodations, tickets and gift certificate on December 31, 2017. Winner and guest are responsible for ground transportation to and from the hotel, all meals, and all other expenses that winner and guest incur in connection with the applicable Trip other than those outlined in the prize description, including, but not limited to, certain beverages, certain in-country travel costs, optional taxis, side trips and all applicable passport, visa, and entry/exit fees.